• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter is here to stay! :oD

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Well some of you may remember that I rescued the below bun last weekend from a guy who believed his autistic son was going to kill him.

Winter1sml.jpg

There was some concern over the reaction my OH would have to Winter being here. Thankfully he came home and said he can stay :D and that he can have a friend :D :D

He is still being a bit grumpy but I think he is getting used to me now. He still scrabbles at my hand but I just let him get on with it.

Soooo I will be taking him to the vet on Tuesday for a checkup, clip his bottom and his myxi vaccination. I have also ordered some Panacur and will be giving him a 6 week course as he has had signs of a wet bottom, even though he only seems to wee in his box in his bed area, but I want make sure he doesn't have EC as I cannot put Zion & Fia at risk.

Then I will be ordering his Happy Hutch house! I am still a bit lothed to pay £175 so I can just have a 2ft high run so if anyone has any ideas as to how I can get the happy hutch people to drop their price it would be most appreciated.

THEN we can start to think about getting him a friend :D I have absolutely fallen in love with Nicola3's Alice (can't find any threads with her in but I stole this pic from an email Nic sent me).

Alice.jpg

She looks sooooo cute and very beautiful. Hopefully I will be able to get Winter's new hutch, put it together and then do what I did with Zi and Fia by letting them share the run with a partition for a week and then try and bond them on neutral territory in the house.

Not sure how Winter will take to it as he is apprently about 4 years old and as far as I know hasn't been bonded before. Anyway, I will keep you all posted. Just wanted to let you know.

BTW OH really likes Winter and likes the fact he's a bit bolshy. He thinks he is very cute :)

Shiv & Zoo

oh I thought you were talking about the weather then and knew something I didn't :shock: I'm so relieved it's Winter the bunny! :lol:

oh I thought you were talking about the weather then and knew something I didn't :shock: I'm so relieved it's Winter the bunny! :lol:

:lol: you do make me laugh Elve! It is most certainly the bunny although going by this expected storm tonight my statement may be right! :shock:

"Not sure how Winter will take to it as he is apprently about 4 years old and as far as I know hasn't been bonded before. Anyway, I will keep you all posted. Just wanted to let you know."

I don't think the age factor will be a problem. Nia had been a single bun all her life and we suspect she's about 5. :D

When you said he is still being grumpy I thought you meant your o/h until I saw the 'nibbling hand' bit - but there again some men are kinky like that :roll::lol:. It's the whisky I know.

Glad you're keeping him he looks like a lovely little chap

I thought you meant the weather too;) Oh I am so glad that you are keeping the wee man!! Fingers crossed for his future wife-bun!!:D

Back