• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rhia in stasis?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Last thing in the world that I need today. Went to feed Rhia this morning & found her hunched up in her litter tray with eyes shut, pile of hay was as I'd left it & no poo's in her tray (since last night this is). Brought her in, gave her tummy rubs & got her to move around (As some of you know, its a physical impossibility to syringe anything into Rhia). Shes started eating again, and has put away a shed load of carrot, apple & now spring greens. Shes also much more alert, to the point that you wouldnt know anything was wrong. Just seen her eating her cacetrophs too. Only thing is, she hasnt poo'ed - and as I said, this is since last night. Her tum is a little bit hard, but does feel gurgley. Will the poo follow now? Or am I doing damage by letting her eat as much she wants? Continue with tummy rubs until we have poo I guess? Thanks X

Hi

Nushka went into stasis last night and was as you described but not eating, the vet said most important thing is to get food in her and then she will have something to poo. (she also had x-ray to rule out blockage - on another thread...)

Sounds like shes come through so just watch for poo and if none show in a few hours give you emergency vet a call, they will advise you over the phone if you need to take her in. But I would say she will be fine if she's eaten.

Edit leave the tummy rubs if she has eaten as her gut should now be stimulated with the food.

Thanks Julia, She doesnt want anything else to eat now but not too worried as she has eaten at least a normal sized tea already. She obviously doesnt feel too great as I've had a cuddle & she just lay in my arms. I'll just keep an eye until I see poo. Really hope Nushka comes through okay too X

Last edited:
Yeah, sat night wasn't a great time either !!! Luckily I wasn't going out and hadn't had my usual glass of wine... I had however bought myself a nice tea, good book and bubble bath..... instead i ended up driving to emergency vet, spending £105 and getting COVERED in recovery after syringe feeds and staying up until 3.30am :lol::lol: None of which matter now she is recovering :D:D:D

OMG you poor ladies... glad you both have poops xxxxxxxxxxx norty bunnies trying to scare thier mommies!!!

Thanks Lynne & Sj, Shes still off colour but suppose it's to be expected. Shes tucked up with a snugglesafe now, Munching through a pile of hay X

Phew, glad we have poo allround! :shock::lol: I am sure both buns will continue to improve now. :)

Back