• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know this rescue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of it but not too happy with the fact that one of the rabbits might be getting bred with another one:(

I've not heard of it either, but I'd have concerns about this kind of statement -

"It would be good if these two females could be homed where they get lots of exercise and I think they would be great on a lead."

I don't know how other people feel about rabbits on leads. Maybe it's just me.

This statement is a bit odd too

"Look at us now, we are just 16 days old, and we are so cute, please consider giving us a home, we would be very good for bonding with children!"

Said with regard to the new baby bunnies at the rescue

hmmm

What made you post this thread anyway? have you had any dealings with them or anything??

Ax

I was searching for buns on RR and a few of hers came up so i just went to have a look at the site. They are only about 40 mins from me but as you say the site info isnt that great :?

hi there i am daisies sanctuary is ther anything you needed to know before jumping to conclusions?
i hope you appreciate how hard running a rescue is and that its not nice to hear stuff thats not true.

breeding

i very occastionally breed show standard rexes for my local rare breeds center, the litters i have come from pregnant rescues.

i hate to see people misjudging me i really upsets me, i have deicated so much of mylife to rabbits, soon im going to post my final year welfare essay on the net so you can see for your selves!

You mean the rex litters come from rescues or any other litters you have come from rescues?

leads

I've not heard of it either, but I'd have concerns about this kind of statement -

"It would be good if these two females could be homed where they get lots of exercise and I think they would be great on a lead."

I don't know how other people feel about rabbits on leads. Maybe it's just me.

these rabbits could do with lots of exercise and i feel spending every day in the same pen is more detrimental to their mental stimulation than seeing somewhere new safely, i would only reccomend for rabbits i think suitable.

or maybe its just me

Rabbits are agoraphobic and afraid of open spaces, they feel secure in an area they are familiar with.

Leads are known to cause a significant amount of damage to a scared rabbit, should it take flght and also exposes them to numerous diseases and parasites (should they be taken for a walk outside the garden).

It is not natural for a prey animal to be restrained.

Again, I am sorry that you are upset and I certainly would not judge you. Im sure there are quite a few people who breed and also rescue, but there are also others who are breeders purporting to be rescues. They breed rabbits and pass them off as rescues, advertising them on freeads for money that do not involve any vaccinations or spaying etc - what I would generally expect

Because you mentioned on your website that you were about to breed one of your bunnies, I think we were concerned if you were a "rescue" and it would only be natural for people wanting to adopt a rescue bunny to want to clear this up.

Good luck with your studies and I hope you continue to post and tell us about your rabbits.

i never suggested taking them somwhere strange, i merely suggested extending their noramal exercise, i can see that there are some very difficult opinions to obide by here, so now i feel i sould back away and let you form your own opinions of me. at the end of the day were all individuals with very different aims and concers, people will always pickholes what ever someone does but i can safely sleep at night knowing that in under a year i have helped nearly 40 rabbits find loving homes. if it wasnt for me who knows where some would be.

thank you all for your comments, i hope to make contact with some of you via my sanctuary in the future.

Rabbits are agoraphobic and afraid of open spaces, they feel secure in an area they are familiar with.

Leads are known to cause a significant amount of damage to a scared rabbit, should it take flght and also exposes them to numerous diseases and parasites (should they be taken for a walk outside the garden).

It is not natural for a prey animal to be restrained.

well there is one word that pops to mind with a few tangents, 'domestication' if your rabbit hated being constrained so much it wouldnt let you hold it and as im sure your aware all rabbits are individuals, anyway my biggest point is

'where on earth do you see natural rabbits eating?' USUALLY IN A VAST OPEN SPACE! agrophobic? they just need the saftey of bolt holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back