• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaping bunny

Rice

Mama Doe
So this is Piper's indoor setup:

ATT24976-1.jpg

I used those NIC cube thingys and created a fenced off area of my spare bedroom. Lately she's been biting the bars and yanking the fence in so she can escape. I've put panels on the bottom so it's more sturdy and along the side but it's not working and I'm not sure really how to fix it!!

Any ideas of how to stop her or reinforce my fence would be greatly appreciated!! :D

(Sorry the pic is so small, stupid photobucket...)

Last edited:
i know this isn't answering your question, but just out of interest, where did you get those NIC cubes? Looks like a good setup you've got there

Ax

What about the plastic straps that stay fastened once tight?
I assume your rabbit is 'opening' the fence pieces?

I got the NIC cubes at Target here in the US, but they weren't called NIC cubes... sorry that probaly wasn't very helpful!

The setup worked really well for about two months until she figured out how to pull it down...:roll: She bites the bars and yanks and they un-snap at the connectors.

I'm not sure what plastic straps you mean?

CABLE TIES! i read the packet!
i buy them from a hardware store, such as B&Q (and poundstretcher)
these were £1 from B&Q for 50.

Ooh :shock: that's cheap! I'm looking at their website just now. Would it be in the fencing section?? Can't seem to see it or what they're actually called

Ooh :shock: that's cheap! I'm looking at their website just now. Would it be in the fencing section?? Can't seem to see it or what they're actually called

The brand was organize-it, I think it might have been in the organization/storage section...

Nic Cubes are very easy and cheap to get hold of in the States....in the UK they are virtually impossible to buy!!

Cheap stores such as poundstretcher, Littlewoods (when they were around) and Argos USED to sell them. It seems the only place you can buy them now are big DIY stores such as Wickes and B&Q but they aren't cheap....25 quid for four cubes (16 grids). I was lucky enough to get a couple of boxes when argos sold them off but trying to get some more at a reasonable price is proving difficult. Apparantly Costco sell them but you have to have a card to get into their stores. I doubt target will ship them over here because the weight of the boxes is very heavvy :cry:

Back