• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Uptate on bunny with paralysed hind legs

Stephanie Cutler

Warren Scout
Bunny is drinking from his bottle and is occasionally picking at rabbit mix- it may be full though as i have got plenty of science recovery down him. Im now woried because he has not been to the toilet. i have rubed his tummy gently but i dnt want to move him too much incase his spine is damaged. I have rang the emergency vets and im waiting for them to call back. Id like him xrayed but as usual it is the weekend and i dnt knw n e where in liverpool that xrays of a weekend.
Any ideas folks?:cry:
xx bunnyhuggersxx

Do you have a pet medics in your area?

We have petmedics in the manchester/stockport/cheshire area that will collect the pet and are open 24/7.

I'm not so sure what areas they are in though.

I'm not sure about the vets as I don't know the different areas of Liverpool, but if you do a search for vets in the area then you could try different ones.

If bunny has hurt the spine or nerves he will need to have help with toileting and this has to be done by a vet at first who can then show you what to do. We have had a couple of buns, and still have one now, who need help with passing pee as they cannot go by themselves.

If bunny is paralysed and cannot ever walk again he may adapt and have a happy life.

What I will do is PM you my hubby's number (he's in North Wales and I am in Scotland) - long story, but we run a Rabbit Retirement Home and deal with these things a lot of the time.

All vibes being sent to the little one = xxxxx

Back