• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oxbow timothy hay - cheapest?

Isaac Rabbit

Young Bun
Hi guys

Just looking for a bit of help. Stanley, my British Giant loves the bags of oxbow hay, but as we all know it is very expensive. The cheapest I can find is £26.70 for 4Kgs. Does anyone know of any other chearer suppliers on the internet or a pet shop that sells it in Cheshire? He will eat other hay, but this is his favourite!!!

Thanks Paula:D

Alfalfa king timothy hay from Hay Experts i found cheapest when i was looking. Its 1.8kg for £8.95 ;)
Another alternative is dust free bales. Mine prefer the greener timothy hay so i went for alfalfa king one but might try this another time

Alfalfa king timothy hay from Hay Experts i found cheapest when i was looking. Its 1.8kg for £8.95 ;)
Another alternative is dust free bales. Mine prefer the greener timothy hay so i went for alfalfa king one but might try this another time

:wave: The Alfalfa one is more expensive then the Oxbow Timothy hay.

I get 1.13kg for £8.99!:)

1.13kg is bigger than 1.8kg plus I have seen the bags you buy and they are smaller:D 5 grams more for 5p not that dearer
:?1.8kg is almost 1lb heavier than 1.1kg, or have I misunderstood the post? wouldn't be the first time:lol:

me confused too:?

1000gms in a kg then 1.13kg is 1 thousand . 13gms

and 1.8kg is 1 thousand . 8gms isn't it!

Plus I have seen the Alfalfa bags and it does look smaller compared to the big 1.13kg bag of oxbow!

This is all confusing!

Any weight experts out there can help us????:lol:

Ok my mobile phone converter says 1.8kg is bigger than 1.13kg.:roll:

Praise the mobile phone converters!

ok you win!:lol:

Bunnie says she doesn't care how much it costs as she loves Oxbow!

well to put in a superflous zero - 1.8 is 1.80....so it's clear that .80 is bigger than .13 because you can subtract .13 from .80 to get .67 :)

.1 is 1/100 and .8 is 8/100. or is it 1/10 and 8/10 either way 8 is bigger than 1 if the decimal point is in the same position

Last edited:
.1 is 1/100 and .8 is 8/100.

:lol: actually....they are in the tenths column just after the decimal point - you can tell I teach my son maths can't you, although I just asked him same question and he got it wrong too :lol:

:lol: I blame the bags for the confusion mine says 1.13kg (40oz)

Bunnie says "I don't give a s**t, I just eat it not buy it".

:roll::lol:

:lol: actually....they are in the tenths column just after the decimal point - you can tell I teach my son maths can't you, although I just asked him same question and he got it wrong too :lol:

I hate maths- stupid maths!:evil::lol::lol::lol:

Back