• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

opinions please

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
just on my current situation with my rabbits :) i have 3 2 bonded and 1 single, Binky the single rabbit was neutered a few weeks ago and in about 3-4 weeks im going to try and create a trio consisting of 2 boys and a girl i have doubts that this will work judging by their personalities, anyway i plan to work away next year for about 6-12 months meaning that my rabbits will need to be looked after until i return my problem is if the trio doesnt work Binky will have to remain a single rabbit and when i go away next year the person looking after them may not give Binky extra time leaving him lonely :( would this be fair on him? theres no way i can get him a girlfriend at the min so please no one suggest that.

also how would i go about finding a good person to look after my rabbits when im away? my mum has offered but if im honest i dont really trust her :oops: i dont think i could ever settle properly working away if i knew my pets werent going to be looked after. :?

xx

well firstly find someone you think will give them the space they need. i would suggest that the pair and single bun have mesh seperating them even if they dont get on that way at least they have company even if its only to speak and say i hate you thru the mesh(i always think if i was on an island with only giant rabbits looking after me even if i didnt like the human they gave me i would enjoy having someone who speaks my own language and looks same type of animal as me even if i was caged next to them,,,but others may disagree) also boarding can be expensive. you need a good freind who would keep them at their homesomeon bunny expierianced) who you can pay for food and upkeep and also pay for their time mayb in the form of a gift if not in money. you could try someone on here that is what emma is looking for someone to foster her buns. i have already put an offer to her but it is dependant on my oh agreeing and us agreeing to any terms we both have for each other! so could try that?your mum sounds a safe back up but i do ask why you dont trust her? that is a concerning thing to say?why dont you get someone to start to look after them now and so that way they would be well settled when you left. also gives you a chance to see what care they are getting before hand?

i have no friends who are educated in rabbit keeping i know breeders but i wouldnt let any of my rabbits stay with them for 'time' if the person has loads of rabbits their not going to be able to give my rabbits time as well if you get me :? the wire mesh is a great idea! :D

i dont trust my mum because she drags her feet say one of the rabbits stopped eating my mum would sit there and say 'i'll give them 24 hours and if they still havent eaten vets it is' by then the poor rabbit will probably be dead, also there was a situation where my mums cats all ex breeding stock were living with me and most became ill and my mum turned a blind eye as if to say 'i dont care' :? shes become quite greedy where money is concerned and i dont know why :( especially since she has a great job so has plenty of money.

xx

Back