• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's that in your hand...?

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Tehe. Non-rabbit photos! I went for a walk about 15 minutes ago, and occasionally the lake in the park I visit draws pairs of swans to it. Sadly, they don't stay... the year before last we had a resident pair, but the pen was shot and her mate never returned. It's nice to see and meet these visitors however, and swans always make me laugh because they seem to pose for a photo.

This is the male swan - with a very bright orange beak! We'd had a fair a week ago who had vanished when the lake froze, and I knew it was not them again because Mr. Swan here was too bright in the beak...

080308_male.jpg

'Is this my best side?'

His mate seems younger than he is (she still has a greyish tinge to her beak), and she is slightly more reserved.

080308.jpg

... and uploading these photos just made me realise how many pictures I've taken of swans over the past few years. :lol: Ooops.

Tehe. Non-rabbit photos! I went for a walk about 15 minutes ago, and occasionally the lake in the park I visit draws pairs of swans to it. Sadly, they don't stay... the year before last we had a resident pair, but the pen was shot and her mate never returned. It's nice to see and meet these visitors however, and swans always make me laugh because they seem to pose for a photo.

This is the male swan - with a very bright orange beak! We'd had a fair a week ago who had vanished when the lake froze, and I knew it was not them again because Mr. Swan here was too bright in the beak...

080308_male.jpg

'Is this my best side?'

His mate seems younger than he is (she still has a greyish tinge to her beak), and she is slightly more reserved.

080308.jpg

... and uploading these photos just made me realise how many pictures I've taken of swans over the past few years. :lol: Ooops.

what parks this,just being nosey

Boggart Hole Clough. :)
They - the people who manage the place - don't like me very much, I don't think. I kicked up a fuss and kept emailing the local papers after the incident with the swan shooting...

And I adore the swannies and geese. :lol: But I'm known as 'the goose girl' by people up there now, due to sitting amongst gaggles of geese. And little kids tend to quack at me as I walk past...

Back