• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered bunny - when can he go back in his hutch

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
My little bunny sammy was neutered on Thursday.
He will go back to the vets for a check up on Wednesday but just wondered do you think its ok to put him back in his hutch before then?

His wound is clean and he is eating and pooing but this means he would have a ramp to go up and down and he might sit on top of his hay.

My bunny was neutered this monday just gone and he's pretty much back to normal now. He is an indoor bunny though so I guess it's not so difficult for him to adjust.

He has a little house made out of hay which I removed for the first three days. Now its back in his cage and he's happy enough lying on it and his little hay nest he's made inside and it hasn't interfered with his wound at all.

If you're unsure, its probably best to wait until the vet has checked him over, but chances are if he seems like he's back to his normal self and wanting to wander around and play, then he's probably ok.

That's how my little one has been anyway, and just FYI he had glue and internal soluble stitches :)

Ax

Back