• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter

Megazorb in their litter trays, with a hay rack next to them so they can eat and if they want pull it out and put it in the litter tray.

would cat litter be ok?

yes but only the bood based not the clumping ones. i use tesco cat litter which is cheaper than pets at home stuff and lasts ages its about £3 for 10kg. it absorbs stuff really well and i put a small layer of straw on top for comfort.

Just started using megazorb instead of carefresh because you get so much for your money.

the only problem i have is as soon as the litter tray is clean he likes to dig it all out which was ok with carefresh as i could just keep putting it back in until there was wees and poos but the megazorb is so fine its a mission to keep popping it back in!

despite that im so chuffed 85 litres for £7 is great and its so absorbent and keeps odours in really well:wave:

sawdust, they don't seem to want to dig about in it. Some sawdust is too dusty though, so we only buy sawdust sold for pet bedding

We use Ambiose as its what the rescue was using, and because I can get it at the same time as all my horse stuff. Great for house bunnies as does not go all over like shavings/sawdust.
Then lots of hay like everyone else.

I use shavings/sawdust, partially because its cheap and I don't have much to chose from, and because I haven't had any problems with it. Tried a pelleted bedding-type once but it made me sick:shock: Really...it got very dusty when I cleaned it out...even more so than the shavings. :shock: (I must have some really messed up allergies :lol: I'm fine with sawdust and shavings but pellet-bedding and hay makes me sneezy:lol: Luckily I can stand having enough hay in my bedroom so my bunny gets his food:D

Back