• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do with a silly stubborn bunny

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday Caramel got a nice new big hutch thats got a run underneath. I put her in the run, left her there for a few hours and she was still in the same place so then I helped her up the ramp into the hutch, which was a bit of a nightmare :shock: Once in the hutch she went into the bedroom compartment, I'd put lots of hay in and her tray in there so she was snuggly. When I came out this morning she was still in the same place and had not ventured out for her pellets and veg :( I picked her up and put her in the other bit of the hutch where the food was and she started eating.

Has anyone else come across a rabbit thike this before? :?

Is it very much bigger than she's used to?

She sounds frightened. As long as you have excluded the possibility of external fears I'd leave her to get used to the hutch space in her own time. As long as she has got to grips with where the food and water is she will get the hang of the rest of it and realise how fortunate she is :D

xx

It's only 1' bigger so nothing major :? and is in exactly the same place as her old hutch was, maybe its the hole in the floor she doesn't like :?

She will slowly get used to it I think - it probably feels strange cos it smells all new and not of her... hope she is happier and feeling more brave soon.

Hi Touie,

Took Charlotte 4 days to venture into her new run when i got her!! She would then sit in the same place until i shooed her in a night. I think it was because she wasn't used to having any choices after spending her first 2 years in a small hutch. :(

Took her 2 weeks to settle and then she was fine. :D Sounds like Caramel is used to alot more room so should work it all out quite quickly. :D:D

Looks like i have a sack of A&P for you. Mine won't eat it! :roll: Gonna give them another week if they still refuse its yours !:D

ok thanks :D thats strange though, mine all took to it quite quickly, even the fussy one :shock:

she's back in the hutch now so she's not such a thicky afterall, I didn't even need to adjust the ramp either :D

Last edited:
dora is scared of heights she jumps onto stuff then wont jump down just sits there till you make her a ramp to it or pick her up lol so yeah i think rabbits have different perceptions however she runs up and down a ramp fine...:roll: lol bless her. i thnk it just takes time x

Back