• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Textbook of Rabbit Medicine - Frances Harcourt-Brown!?!

CRBevis

Mama Doe
It's my birthday soon and everyones asking what do I want and I don't have a clue!

Was thinking the above book, but wondered what anyone lese thinks, is it worth getting.

I have had a sneak preview of it on amazon and it looks really handy to have because of the information and detail of all sorts of thinks from drugs to symptoms!

I think its great - hard for a layperson (like me!) to understand in places as it has lots of technical terms - but I have learnt LOADS from it - and always like to feel I can 'mug up' on what the vet has said to me.

I've got it and use it all the time. :D

The only 'cons' are that it uses lots of medical terms that I have to look up on google, and that it's getting quite old now (published about 7 years ago I think).

Other than that, I would definitely recommend it :thumb:

I have a feeling that my verion is a 'second edition' so it has been updated since first published. make sure you get that version.

I had it for my birthday last year and have found it invaluable. I don't understand everything as it's very technical but I wouldn't be without it.

I'd say it depends why you want it - I do have the FHB book but personally I prefer the notes on internal rabbit medicine (it's cheaper too!) - it's in a simpler format (lots of bullet points) and it's more up to date. It doesn't have the pictures or anything but I think it's a great reference book and its layout makes it very easy to look for a potential diagnosis. If you're looking for more of a general in depth interesting read then FHB is probably better.

(PS you can preview the notes of... here: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail )

Last edited:
I'd say it depends why you want it - I do have the FHB book but personally I prefer the notes on internal rabbit medicine (it's cheaper too!) - it's in a simpler format (lots of bullet points) and it's more up to date. It doesn't have the pictures or anything but I think it's a great reference book and its layout makes it very easy to look for a potential diagnosis. If you're looking for more of a general in depth interesting read then FHB is probably better.

(PS you can preview the notes of... here: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail )

I have that book too...but it doesn't seem to have information on treatment???? :shock: :shock:

I don't need a book to tell me if my rabbit is ill...I want something that tells me how to make it better :?

Amy

I have that book too...but it doesn't seem to have information on treatment???? :shock: :shock:

I don't need a book to tell me if my rabbit is ill...I want something that tells me how to make it better :?

Amy

Which book do you have the FHB one or the rabbit internal medicine one?

Which book do you have the FHB one or the rabbit internal medicine one?

Ooops, sorry should have made myself clearer :oops:...

I have both, but the one I was referring to that doesn't contain any treatment info was the 'Notes on internal rabbit medicine'.

Amy

Back