• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you get static electricity from the bunnies?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
Everytime I stroke the fur backwards on my bunnies' coat, I get static electricity and then get shocked by the metal tap. I now have a tiny phobia of anything metal. :lol: Does anyone else get this?

I dont get it from my bunnies but I am finding that when I stroke my cat Charlie he is full of static and if you run your hand just above him his fur sticks up like it does when you do the baloon head rubbing thing.

The only thing I can think of is that it is the weather or the central heating - I know when I used to work in retail my hair would be full of static from the dry heat

Static in humans tends to come from rubber-soled shoes rubbing onto flooring, usually (synthetic) carpet.

Yay physics lessons! :lol:

Thanks for replies. I'm now thinking it's my Ugg boots. I wear them when I clean out the bunnies and I sort of shuffle with them on. :?:

Back