PDA

View Full Version : Very dry skin

Isabel
07-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi all,

Mo has got very dry skin in patches all over his body. he's got crusty chunks coming away occasionally attached to chunks of fur. has any one else experienced this? what is the best care?

Isabel
07-03-2008, 11:52 PM
hmmm from doing a search it looks like its mites :roll: well I wouldn't like to go a whole week without a trip to the vets.

CRBevis
07-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Bunnie gets dry flaky skin on her head especially round base of ears!

Isabel
07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Bunnie gets dry flaky skin on her head especially round base of ears!

Is your bunny called bunnie? thats confusing :lol:

Poor Mo mo, no sooner have I got one thing fixed than something else pops up. He is cute though.

CRBevis
07-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah she is called Bunnie!:lol: Vets checked out her skin and it's not mites! we thought cos touching her there alot so have laid off and it has got a bit better! Theres a sign above her dog crate saying "Please don't play with my Ears"

Isabel
08-03-2008, 12:02 AM
:lol: "No heavy petting"

I reckon it must be mites with Mo. Especially as in another thread Jane mentioned if a bun is run down and has dental probs this is likely and he is both...either that or he is in love with the vet cos he keeps making me go back :lol:

CRBevis
08-03-2008, 12:15 AM
aahhh poor fella hope he gets well soon!

abbymarysmokey
08-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems with Mo, Isabel :(

You might not have to take him in to the vets...you can buy Ivermectin on-line or in some pet shops...or the vet might let you have some without making an appointment and taking him in.

I've bought Advantage, Panacur and various other stuff from Gamston without them needing to see the rabbit :D

Amy

Isabel
08-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems with Mo, Isabel :(

You might not have to take him in to the vets...you can buy Ivermectin on-line or in some pet shops...or the vet might let you have some without making an appointment and taking him in.

I've bought Advantage, Panacur and various other stuff from Gamston without them needing to see the rabbit :D

Amy

that sounds good! Is it an injection though? Don't think I'd be confident with that.

abbymarysmokey
08-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I think he'll only need an injection if the problem is really bad, otherwise they just use Ivermectin spot-on.

Isabel
08-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I think he'll only need an injection if the problem is really bad, otherwise they just use Ivermectin spot-on.

Thats brilliant I'll give them a call...they may want to see him anyway because of his history. It'll give me chance to show off his eye to Rachel anyway.