• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is your local p@h still keeping Guinea pigs and Rabbits together?

brightspark19

Warren Scout
I was just reading another post about how guinea pigs and rabbits are still kept together at p@h. I know the one in portsmouth have them all seperately now, since about last April but is your local p@h still keeping them together?

It seems that each p@h has its own 'policy' now

My local one in Beckton(East London), hasn't kept piggies and buns together for over a year (i think). They don't do adoptions either.

I don't shop there as a rule so have no idea if this is usual at the P@H in Cardiff, but when I took my Mam there to buy "catty treats" recently they were not homed with GPs - they were housed alone in pretty sizable enclosures.

TP;)

Mine did have them split, they are now together. This was the store who nearly lost their pet shop license a couple of weeks back.

The one in blackburn has them split but as a result the enclosures are fairly small as it looks like they've been halfed to accomadate the split.

In preston they have it layed out with 3 bunny enclosures (males, females, "giant") and another 2 guinnea pig enclosures (male, female) But you often see rabbits in the GP enclosures, usually the ones left from the last stock delivery, and the new bunnies get put in the bunny village, presumably to stop scaps :roll: And sometimes you even see GPs in the bunny village!

mine in christchurch are separate but they have the same two Agouti giants that have been in there since new year and they are huge and humping each other and £125 each.I am worried that they have not had much human contact,wish i could have them but i have 3 bunnies already:cry:

There's no P@H in Norway but I only know of one pet store selling animals in my area that does not keep rabbits and guinea pigs together:cry: Last time I checked however even they fed them the same type of food. :?

mine local store in woking has them split eith different sections for male and femal rabbits. a rather small secton for a giant rabbit and different section for male and feamle rabbits. the same goes for the p@h stoe in godmling

most of the staff are expereinced and give heapful advice. my cusion brought a rabbit from the store in godmling in the summer and was given loads of advice on neturing and spaying and was alos given voucers for the first injections. however when we went back 2 get rabbit treats they had 1 rabbit on his own. i was looking for a new rabbit as mine had passed away in the march. and i thought it was time to get a new one. i was asking questions about the rabbit but the person seemend relucant to answe them. she was very inexperinced asked her the sex of the rabbit and she said in was a male beacuse it was in that part of the rabbit village. i got it home and it was a female. she ovisouly had no experince in swexing animals. i only brought the rabbit becuase i fletso sorry for the rabbiut being on its own. the shop person also told me tha the rabbit had beeen injured by the rest of the letter so had been kept in issolation. the injury had since clered up. the abbit was in good cointion. so i guess they look after there animals. so i quess the only problem i have with at P@h on the weekend they have inexoerinced shop people selling animals to inexperienced people who think that all it takes to look after a rabbit is to leave it in a hutch in a garden and this is not the case.

ours are separate....i like the fact that giants are also separate and are up for£159 with loads of helpful advice notes on them....
the only other thing is that we got our doe spayed there (i did check EVERYTHING before i let them do it ie which ga they use and after care )
about 5 mths ago and her fur on the tummy still hasnt grown back in places....im wondering if the pulled the fur out ,not shaved it.
has anyone else had a problem with their buns fur not growing back after surgery?

Back