• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Jack's progress ref: incisors...

buddabun

Warren Veteran
...or lack thereof.

Well after making another appointment with my vets where they assured me that the rancid smell, pus and crusty mouth (as well as the inflamed eye membrane which still hasn't disappeared) was normal (AND charged me for the privilege) I managed to get an appointment with another vets.

They have given her a shot of Baytril (antibio), a shot of Metacam (painkiller), flushed and cleaned the area as best they could, weighed her (she has lost 0.7kg in a year, at a guess 0.3kg since the op) and have given me samples of both drugs to give her once a day.

Yes I had to pay £50 for this but I am relieved that SOMEONE has admitted that there's a problem. I can only think that the other place wanted to cover their butts by not admitting there was anything wrong

So at least my little girl has some pain relief. Bless her, her nose (which has always been a LITTLE runny) is crispy from discharge, as well as her chin, chest and front paws (where she's tried to wash it away). Poor thing. I'm hoping her appetite will increase now she's got painkillers, she's only been going for her SS pellets recently and no manner of preparing tempting morsels of fruit and veg (and even grass) will convince her otherwise.

hopefully this is the road to recovery, I still feel awful for putting her through this but still, all for the best hopefully :(

Well done for getting a second opinion. I know how frustrating it can be when you know there is a problem but the vet doesn't agree.

Sending lots of bunny cuddles to Jack and hope she is able to eat better soon

thanks. i just feel bad that I did this to her in the first place. but no point in moaning i guess, just got to get her eating tasty veggies again.

I take it SS alone (no hay or anything :() has enough nutrition for her for now?

VIBES little Jack - hope you're feeling LOTS better soon!!!

TP

P.S. I am LOVING your little Charlie buddabun - those rings around the eyes make them appear HUUUUGGGEEE!!!!!!:)

Back