• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Two had Myxi jabs today!

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi
Im so pleased that my two have now had their first myxi jabs today. Both were quite well behaved. I cringed tho at the fact some of it had to go in their ear - poor babies. My little Willow is now 1.6kilos - she was less than a kilo and very boney when I first got her so Im pleased at that. Harvey, my bumper boy is 2.1kilos. Both were checked over thoroughly, teeth, etc and all fine. VHD in two weeks now - then Harvey will be neutered two weeks after that. Poor rabbits will begin to think it normal to go to vets every two weeks at this rate!

Am also really pleased with my choice of vet - just so happens she is a member of this forum. You can tell she is totally in to bunnies so I am so chuffed to have found a bunny savvy vet.

Looking forward to jabs and neutering to be out of way so I can get on with getting these two bonded and in to their new abode.

ohhh do you know something I dont know Some of it in their ear?????
My vet didn't do that. Tilly had hers done last week, and he put it in the scruff of her neck

Ye. The firt time you go they have one in their neck, and it their ear, then every 6months they have one in the neck, and every year they hve one in their ear!

My vet is very rabbit savvy. I remember reading on here - im sure it was posted by one of the 'rescues' that to be effective 10% should go in the ear and the remainder in the scruff of the neck. If I can find the post I will let you know.

Back