• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myxi vaccinations

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
I'm getting Phoebe,my rabbit his 1st vaccine for Myxi tonight... I've been reading up on this - and how vets will administer it etc and what to expect.
Is it wise to keep him seperate and in a quiet area when we get home just to make sure hes eatin and drinking and poo'ing ok? I've got 3 rabbits so in general its gunna be difficult to tell whos pooing,eating and drinking!
Is there a time period u keep the newly vacced bun away from his partners?
Any advice appreciated
Vikkie x

My two had their myxi on Tuesday night and for the last couple of nights have been quite quiet, but are eating and pooing as normal. Just keep an eye on him and he should be fine. Mine were more miffed than anything at being prodded and poked :D

It must be difficult if your three are similar size - because Bell and T are such different sizes Bell's poos are huge and T's are tiny, so it's very easy to tell who is doing what.

Hi :wave:

I've never kept mine separate before to be honest and I normally take them together to have their vaccinations at the same time, makes life easier.

Lian x

Thanks guys!
Phoebe was a bit huffed after his injection but come bounding out of his box to see who this person in green was :lol:she checked his heart nd weight nd stuff and he made the most AWFUL scream noise when they put it in his ear
:( Did any1 elses bunny do this? :?
hes back to being a keen mean pooping machine, he was huffed for about an hour after but then tried to eat the plants in the lounge,and ripped up loads of wallpaper..:lol:

Last edited:
aww thats a shame he was so frightened. at least by doing part in his ear he definatly had it all in the correct way my vet does all in scrudd but part pulled out shallow which is still acceptable just a different way and as long as part goes under skin its ok i think. poor bun mustv been scared. still better to get it done than not eh.

i think it was money worth spending TBH,there gunna be outdoor buns soon aswell so its even more reason to get them done
poor baby is a bit quiet today - not looking forward to his booster in sept! is the boosters every 6 months only in high risk areas?

i think it was money worth spending TBH,there gunna be outdoor buns soon aswell so its even more reason to get them done
poor baby is a bit quiet today - not looking forward to his booster in sept! is the boosters every 6 months only in high risk areas?

In Hampshire, where we live we have to have the myxi jabs every six months as it's supposed to be high risk area. The VHD one is only once a year.

myxi is done every 6mths here aswell cuz we live in a high risk area.full of wild buns everywhere.bluebell thumped her feet when she had hers done but others were quiet/

myxi is done every 6mths here aswell cuz we live in a high risk area.full of wild buns everywhere.bluebell thumped her feet when she had hers done but others were quiet/

I thought you only had one rabbit Kim? Was it just poor Myrtle then that you didn't bother to vaccinate?? :censored: :evil: I really think you have a nerve posting a reply about myxi vaccines with what happened to poor Myrtle. Do you not have a consciounce - EVIDENTALLY NOT!!

i do yea.she wasnt with me long enough to give me chance get her vac.look this thread isnt for havin a go at me.

i do yea.......look this thread isnt for havin a go at me.

This thread also isnt for lying on... "i do yea".... you have Oscar, Ozzy, Bluebell and at least 7 babies that I know of.

.... but maybe you are saying you have a conscience :?

Last edited:
I think Kim if you want to avoid people having a go at you then you should try to resist posting on and about issues that you MUST know will upset and anger other members.

Please try and use some tact and common sense, it will be distressing for all concerned if posts become confrontational and unpleasant. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not being deliberately inflammatory.

Vanessa

actualy i have thumper,and i co own bluebell and oscar(ozzy) with my mum.as for vacs,ring poolfarm veterinary surgery and pdsa in stoke if you want to.

I havent got a problem with Kim posting generally, but to say to Robert she only has one rabbit... is a lie.... its the lies I find offensive and difficult to avoid on such an important and relevant thread.

where have i said to robert?dont even know who he is?look i aint after a row.

Re-read your reply, or my quote..... But anyway, I'm not after a row either, but dont you think that posting on a myxi thread is a little insensetive under the circumstances?? Obviously your entitled to post where and what you like but 'tact' would be nice..... I'm actually beyond caring now, just need to figure out how to get the ignore feature to work.

Last edited:
Back