• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brushes

Kay

Mama Doe
Can anyone recommend a good brush for buns?

Arthur is very fluffy and had started to molt the fine fur under the top coat. I am worried about potiental fur balls from him cleaning himself and wondered what brushes and or links to suppliers you could recommend.

I want one that strips the loose downy fur.

Thanks in advance of any replies.

K

Hiya, I use a baby brush on him now but that just smoothes the top coat down.

I don't want anything harsh of course but when we had a long haired GSD we had something called a 'slicker' brush that had triangle teeth and it gently removed the loose fluffy fur.

There is a pack at the infamous Pets@home that has a few different types for £7.99 so I might try that.

:?

I use a puppy brush fron wilkinsons on my fluff balls it only cost £1.29. Its the one with bristles on one side and wire prongs on the other with plastic tips. I use the wire side and its worked brilliant on their matted undercoat

Hiya, I use a baby brush on him now but that just smoothes the top coat down.

I don't want anything harsh of course but when we had a long haired GSD we had something called a 'slicker' brush that had triangle teeth and it gently removed the loose fluffy fur.

There is a pack at the infamous Pets@home that has a few different types for £7.99 so I might try that.

:?

Slicker brushes are fantastic, we have a fine one and it's excellent, really removes the loose hair, cost us bout 4-5 quid from local pet shop :)

Agree with the slicker brush idea, but do very very careful with bunny's delicate skin, a comb works well too :wave:

I bought a rabbit brush when I got Grace but its horrible so I started to use the cats and it works really well. It was from a pound shop and is like a big mitten with rubber brissles - its brilliant and it amazes me how much fur it gets off all of the animals and even my cat Charlie, who HATES being brushed, will tollerate it as you just sit there and stroke him and it does the job at the same time.

Aww cool I wasn't sure whether there was some fantastic rabbit brush on the market.

I have tried a puppy brush but it doesn't get to the real undercoat without applying the kind of pressure that Arthur won't like.

The glove is a good idea has Arthur isn't very patient when it comes to grooming.

i have a slicker brush, and also find a flea comb does wonders too.

there are some very expensive grooming tools too. We have a ferminator at work and i have used that once on Bindi (much to her discust :lol:)

I ended up buying a slicker brush but a rabbit one. It has smooth plastic bobbles at the end of each spike so its nice and gentle problem, Arthur's coat is extra smooth and silky now :D

Back