• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit fur lined birds nests

Suzanne

Mama Doe
When we brush the buns the amount of fur that comes from them is incredible esp from the lionheads. So I save it up and my dad puts it in a net and hangs it from the trees on the garden for the birds to take for their nests. The birds now have the warmest, cosiest nests ever :D

thats a great thing to do. we have an abundance of rabbit fur at the min as Rory pulls a lot out while he's humping Lola:oops: I'll put it outside from now on and make good use of it:D

he he yes I do this with mine also :wave:

It always makes my giggle when I think of how posh the birds nests must be with white cashmere, I bet they are the poshest nests in the neighbourhood! :)

yes i do this too. Last year i had a very busy sparrow coming back and forth for more! it was so comical as he couldn't see to fly for all the fluff! i'm sure he waited for me to put it out as he would always be there straight away. i hope his babies were very snuggly!

One day I looked into one of the school hamster's cages I noticed his nest was filled with something that looked like angora fur! :lol:
I've nagged at my teacher for ages to get rid of the fluffy bedding and though I still see it (and occasionally take it out and replace it with paper) it was a little bit funny:roll: With four angora rabbits, might as well put it to good use:lol:

You can also put animal fur in your compost bin. Much nicer for the birds o use it though.

Rabswood

Back