• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marley and Fiver have given me a shock.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
A literal one.

The little blighters chewed through my hair straighteners in the night after pulling the wire out from where I have 'buried' it.

So up I get this morning, bare foot and without my 'eyes' in......and stand on the wire 'Oh my :censored::censored: OUCH!!!' It made my eyes water.

My foot is abslutely killing me and it scared the living daylights out of me, how they didn't get shocked I don't know.

So, as I cant live without my straighteners, they have just cost me £45 that I had much better plans for.

Cheers guys :roll:

eeep :shock: glad you're fairly unscathed - and how on earth they are I don't know :shock: you need to treat your foot for burns - whatever that would be?

OMG, Sooz!!!:shock: How AWFUL!!!!! Your poor foot. I HATE electric shock....it's SO painful.:( And it's a miracle that the buns didn't get zapped too....the little cheeky monkeys!:roll:

I got fried on a metal standard lamp about a year and a half ago. It was really old, we had gotten it from O/H's elderly auntie when she moved house....and somehow the live wires had managed to come into contact with the metal pole part. And when I took ahold of the pole to move it, I got a MASSIVE shock that took the skin right off the palm of my hand!:shock: :shock: I was SUCH a saddo that I actually took a pic of my hand :)oops:).....it really scared the daylights out of me.....and it was REALLY painful!!!!!

Here's the pic.....don't look if easily grossed out!!!:shock: :lol:

Aburn.jpg

Ahhh, I've had a similar problem this week, Bob decided this week was 'Chew a Cable' week, got behind the back of the tv while I was cleaning (he's usually in a penned area while I'm out the room) and chewed through everthing, at least 8 cables and all the surround sound speaker wires, not content with one chew, the speaker cables were in 2 inch pieces, in a nice neat pile!! :shock: I'm suprised he didnt kill himself.... but hubby may have done, so I had to rush out and buy replacements and say my 3 year old had let him out and bought her some chocloate for taking the blame.... :lol: Hubby spent 6 hours sorting it out..... but Georgie really enjoyed her chocolate. Fortunatley no one/bun were harmed.

OMG March Hare, thats terrible!! :shock:

I rehomed two bunnies that somehow managed to chew through the main cable into the fuse box without injuring themselves in anyway.:shock:
As if that wasn't enough damage for the new bunnie parents a small fire started in the kitchen and did a bit more damage. :shock:

Bunnie mummy had thought that they looked far to comfortable sleeping on the chair in the kitchen diner so she didn't put them in their pen!:oops:

The buns have absolutly no unsupervised free time in the house now (can't imagine Why)

Neither bun was hurt in any way but the kitchen had to be gutted!

bunny mummy has now relised that even though they look like angels quite often they are monsters in disguise!:lol:

Oooh :shock: Hope your foot is OK.

Bell and T have chewed through so many phone cables it amazes me that they've not had shocks. Now they're just chewing the carpets :roll: as they can't get at the phone cables any more.

OWCH! :shock::shock:

glad you're ok though - how do buns/humans manage to touch live mains wires and not die? i've done it myself but I dont understand how :?

Ahhh, I've had a similar problem this week, Bob decided this week was 'Chew a Cable' week, got behind the back of the tv while I was cleaning (he's usually in a penned area while I'm out the room) and chewed through everthing, at least 8 cables and all the surround sound speaker wires, not content with one chew, the speaker cables were in 2 inch pieces, in a nice neat pile!! :shock: I'm suprised he didnt kill himself.... but hubby may have done, so I had to rush out and buy replacements and say my 3 year old had let him out and bought her some chocloate for taking the blame.... :lol: Hubby spent 6 hours sorting it out..... but Georgie really enjoyed her chocolate. Fortunately no one/bun were harmed.:

Oh this made me laugh - puts our chewing escapades nowhere! Currently (or not :lol:) we have a standard lamp, tube radiator and water feature that no longer have cable attached. OH - bless him, has become resigned to it.

Poor Sooz - £45 as well! Bless the little loves - are these the guys who wouldn't come out of their cage?

Vanessa xx

OMG hope your foot is OK. Saying that I'm watching my buns eat our wicker footstall........norty buns but at least it wont kill me.

I hope that your foot is ok. It was really lucky that your rabbits didn't get hurt.

I had a black-hooded rat that I used to let run around the room. She was really friendly, whenever I called her she would run along the floor, up my leg and into my arms.:love:

One day she had been out for about an hour and was sitting in the middle of the floor washing herself. I called her name.....no response.....tried again....nothing....It wasn't until I started walking towards her that she saw me and came.....she was completely deaf!

I didn't find out what happened until a few days later I tried to turn on my stereo, butit didn't work, so checked the wires behind the wardrobe and found them in pieces. Poor Jamie had obviously chewed through the wires, got a shock which caused her to lose her hearing.

She never got her hearing back, but amazingly she was fine apart from that and went on to live another year. When I wanted her to come back to me I just had to stamp my foot and she would respond to the vibrations. She was a fabulous ratty and I still miss her 5yrs on. :(

Back