PDA

View Full Version : Partners & your rabbits...

norrielian
07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Morning :wave:

The rabbits have always been mine but I've noticed more recently how my hubbie seems to be paying them a lot more attention. He makes up any excuse to pop to the garage but always takes some veg from the fridge with him! This morning he said you are running late, I'll go and do the rabbits for you (I wasn't running late at all) :lol:

The bunnies are in the garage below our bedroom and I could hear him giggling and talking to them and then came in to tell me a funny story about them eating their breakfast. He then said, Connie (Dillon's new girlfriend) is cool isn't she!

He has never disliked them or anything, just didn't really show that much interest before. Anyone else's partners changed their tune once they have realised how much personality bunnies have?

Lian x

ailz
07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
My hubby lies on the floor with them (I can't get down on the floor), purely because he thinks they should have someone get down to their level.

Pipstrel
07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
We only got the buns coz I wanted them Sean wasn't that fussed even tho they live at his house but I always catch him having conversations with them and he spoils them as much as I do :lol: He's always telling me about things they have done when I'm not there!

He tells me off when I do bunny runs coz he says I think other buns are more important than my own!! Which is sooo not true they're my babies!

norrielian
07-03-2008, 11:09 AM
We only got the buns coz I wanted them Sean wasn't that fussed even tho they live at his house but I always catch him having conversations with them and he spoils them as much as I do :lol: He's always telling me about things they have done when I'm not there!

He tells me off when I do bunny runs coz he says I think other buns are more important than my own!! Which is sooo not true they're my babies!

"Did someone mention my Aunty Helen shouldn't do bunny runs :shock: Let me at them.... :evil:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/norrielian/picture-1.jpg

Pipstrel
07-03-2008, 11:15 AM
"Did someone mention my Aunty Helen shouldn't do bunny runs :shock: Let me at them.... :evil:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/norrielian/picture-1.jpg

Haha!! He's only kidding!! I feel that bunny runs are the least I can do to help support the fantastic rescues and all the work that they do :D and if it means a handsom boy getting the gorgeous wifey bun that he deserves then it makes the stress of traffic worth it!!

maisydaisystar
07-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I wish my hubby was as intersted with my pets, he doesn't mind me having them but doesn't get involved at all, apart from taking me to the vets lol bless him

norrielian
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
My hubby lies on the floor with them (I can't get down on the floor), purely because he thinks they should have someone get down to their level.

Any excuse :lol:

Sooz
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM
My OH nw has his own rabbit (even though I do everything for him).

Pipstrel
07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Which one?

By the way Cassius is gorgeous, I didn't realise his dutchy bits were such a pretty orangey/creamy colour he's a very handsom boy :D

Neil-and-Maria
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
As you know we're very much a both with rabbits couple. Maria's the policeman though inasmuch as she dictates how many we have. Except of course when Adam became available...
I do accept we're pretty much at our limit (after the next one :D).

Neil

norrielian
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
As you know we're very much a both with rabbits couple. Maria's the policeman though inasmuch as she dictates how many we have. Except of course when Adam became available...
I do accept we're pretty much at our limit (after the next one :D).

Neil

Did you both keep them before you met then?

Neil-and-Maria
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Did you both keep them before you met then?

I did back in the 80's/early 90's before I knew Maria.
This time round we'd just started to get the house right when I suggested we go to the RSPCA and "look at the rabbits" :roll:! That was 3 years, 3 weeks ago and a week later we had Nellie and Poppet :D.

Neil

Sooz
07-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Which one?

By the way Cassius is gorgeous, I didn't realise his dutchy bits were such a pretty orangey/creamy colour he's a very handsom boy :D

Maverick.

He is bootiful isn't he? :D He looks so much better now he is the right weight, is head looks in proportion again!

Doncat5
07-03-2008, 12:51 PM
My hubby isnt too intersted in the buns but he does have a soft spot for agouti's which is good! He oftens stops me if I'm walking past with Comet or Valerie and asks for a kiss (from them not me :lol:), but I think he has a bit of a love/hate relationship with Bob... they share the lounge and Bob likes to wee on him and chews his cables. :D

ZakuraRabbit
07-03-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't have a OH but I have a father, he usually doesn't care much for the rabbits except feeding them while I'm away and paying the vet bills (probably since he knows I am a little short on money:roll:) He didn't pay to get Zakura neutered though...well technically he did since he was the one who picked her up, but I had to pay him afterwards:lol:

Last summer however he was talking about build a shed...mostly to keep the snow..(thing...that throws snow away..no idea what it's called in English)... in, but then he said he could make an extra long roof on it, put the snow-thingy outside and build all new rabbit cages inside:D I got overjoyed and bought another rabbit... that was about 8 months ago and he still isn't finished:roll: All that's in the shed right now is one hay bale, some isolation-rolls, random rabbit equipment and other stuff and Zakura in a plastic-wire cage:roll:

My little brother got really exited when I got my first rabbit 3 years ago (and he still refuses to let me even talk about getting rid of her) but he doesn't really help much with them... He once wanted his own rabbit too, a female which would be kept in with Zakura... His great plan was that he could feed the rabbits every day, and I would clean the hutch:evil: I said no way, if he wanted his own rabbit he had to clean the hutch himself.
He's never asked for a pet again after that:roll:
But at least he KNOWS he's too irresponsible to keep a pet:D

loopylop
07-03-2008, 01:28 PM
My hubby loves the buns as much as me! Not at first though, he always tells people now that he didn't realise how much personality they had :lol:

He will often come back with special veggies and toys and stuff for them :lol:

>Mic<
07-03-2008, 01:57 PM
My fiance was as excited as me when we decided to get a bunny, his parents have 2 bunnies though so he grew up with them.

Kay
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
My partner was VERY reclutant when I wanted to get a bun. When Arthur's plight came up he let me have him from a humanity point of view. However, he has now taken over the care of Arthur and I have to fight to feed and look after Arthur! :lol:

We are going to The Rabbit Residence Rescue tomorrow to look for potential bunny wife for Arthur and the other half can't wait. lol

Olibobs
07-03-2008, 02:06 PM
As far as my hubby is concerned, all the animals in our house are mine or son's.........however, he is always sat with a cat on his lap, does baby voices to the hamster when no-one is looking, and loves sitting on the floor with the buns to have a play! So we know better ;)

mystic.kitty
07-03-2008, 02:13 PM
It was hubby's idea to get me my buns. He does like them but leaves the care of them to me, which was the deal, I got the buns but had to do all the feeding, cleaning and cuddles etc. But he does has a big soft spot for them lol

lisabunnie
07-03-2008, 02:16 PM
I often catch my husband chatting to the buns, He goes to to avairy at the bottom of the garden to have a "serious" chat with them ( about holes in the lawn)

Red the belguin Hare is his fave, Last week he was telling me that we have room for more (we have 10) but after i pointed out the cost of vacs etc he changed his mind.

Dolly my conti was in the 'hooman' shed stealing the hay and supplies, (for a change) he said "quick mummies coming" and shoo'd her out so she didn't get in trouble.

If anyone asks about the buns they're a "bl**dy nusance"

donnamt
07-03-2008, 02:20 PM
ste adores the bunnies, he does the lying on the floor and everything.. chances are if he wasnt with an animal lover id have never thought about getting rabbits so they are definately ours rather than mine :D

karen354
07-03-2008, 02:26 PM
My hubby loves the buns :D He'd have more tomorrow if I asked him, six is plenty for us though time and money won't let me have more.

Teepee
07-03-2008, 02:58 PM
My OH is most excited about getting our buns (though he is pretending not to be). I arranged to go have a "peep" at them at a time when he was at work and when I told him he said: "Can't she do the viewing later?" I asked him why would "later" be better (with a cheeky smile on my face!) and he responded: "Oh! Just thought you may like a lift there that's all..." The lady lives 2 streets away!:lol:

THEN we have the time I told him that I wanted the buns to be house rabbits: "Rabbits live outside..." said he, "THAT is where rabbits live..." next I know he has constructed a huge "castle" of empty boxes as "...they will need somewhere to play and dig if they're going to be inside most of the time...":lol:

TP - amused by her *not excited in the least* OH!:D

norrielian
07-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Glad I'm not alone :lol::lol::lol:

We travelled miles to find Dillon a new partner and at the time hubbie did not mind at all and totally understood why I wanted to find the right bunny from a rescue. I offered to go on my own every time but he insisted on driving me each trip, yet when we are in company, he moans to his mates when they ask about it, rolling his eyes as if he didn't get it! :roll:

abbymarysmokey
07-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Dom only likes Winston. He hates Crunchie, Snowdrop, and Smokey for some reason, and is completely indifferent to the rest.

Amy

Deelove
07-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Our rabbit's are both of ours. We love them just as much as each other. Technically he has 5 and I have two. But I did have one first. :lol:

CRBevis
07-03-2008, 09:03 PM
If it wasn't for Wayne I would never experienced rabbits! Wayne wanted a house bunny to keep him company so we both went out and got a little princess bunnie!

He loves her so much! I' never forget the time when we left her at the vets before xmas when she was in GI stasis - he was breaking his heart just as much as I was in the carpark. Both just stood there crying our hearts out in the wind and pouring rain!

Teepee
07-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Technically he has 5 and I have two.

"What's yours is mine, what's mine is...errr mine!" Surely Deelove??

TP;)

Bluefox
07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
When i got my first bun, biffa, he was for me but my OH loved him to bits. We sadly lost him about 3 weeks before xmas..... Which is when we went on the lookout for a new baby. We spent ages at the breeders looking round, origionally went for a pair, but i didn;t want babies for the simple reason there are too many rescues out there and mistreated ones as it is without us adding to the equation. So we're looking at this pair, i like the doe, but not the buck, so Tony says ok well which one do you like, i said i like the otters ( was told that they weren't otters but foxes, turns out he was an otter) so i'm looking at these black otters, yeah the're nice, she puts the ONLY blue frenchie in the hay and he's just say there. So i pick him up and for an hour we're looking at all these bunnies (which she's now selling as she's cutting back) and all the time blue is in my arms, so Tony said well which one do you want, i said this one, so we bought him. He is adorable, Tony loves him, feeds him by hand, he is most definatly ours........

Deelove
07-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Technically he has 5 and I have two.

"What's yours is mine, what's mine is...errr mine!" Surely Deelove??

TP;)

Sure is. I get all the benifits of 7 bunnies and none of the expense. :D

Teepee
07-03-2008, 09:41 PM
^^Now that's what I call a "good deal"!!!^^

TP:D

HS
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
My o/h was fairly indifferent about them, and really objected to me getting salt and Pepper (to the point where he wouldn't even help me with their run!)
Now, he loves them as much as I do. He's able to recognise poorly symptoms, and knows what to do, and has done the syringe feeds when they're poorly.
He and Squidgy are best buddies, and often gang up on me :(;)

pokadotbunny
07-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Kris wasn't that interested in getting a bunny but I persuaded him with allowing him unlimited access to sky sports!!

Now though, he wouldn't change her for the world, mainly because she is a total tart when it comes to him. She will flatten herself out so he can fuss her and run up to him but when it comes to me, she is not at all interested.

He has even got into the whole, "Daddy" thing too. He does the man thing of "bloody rabbits" infront of his work mates though.

CRBevis
07-03-2008, 11:40 PM
My o/h doesn't do the "man thing", anyone who disses bunnie gets his look of death! :p

Teepee
07-03-2008, 11:45 PM
HANG ON!!! NO FAIR!!!:

My o/h doesn't do the "man thing", anyone who disses bunnie gets his look of death!

At what store did you find him???...I WANNA RE-FUND!!!

CRBevis
07-03-2008, 11:47 PM
HANG ON!!! NO FAIR!!!:

My o/h doesn't do the "man thing", anyone who disses bunnie gets his look of death!

At what store did you find him???...I WANNA RE-FUND!!!

The best man in the world store!

pokadotbunny
07-03-2008, 11:48 PM
I just said Nala could not be less interested in me and she sat and groomed me for the first time. I have some PJ bottoms that she licks occassionally but she has just spent a good 5 mins licking and grooming them (is that grooming me?).

Should I be concerned that it was my butt cheek she groomed??? :oops:

CRBevis
07-03-2008, 11:49 PM
I just said Nala could not be less interested in me and she sat and groomed me for the first time. I have some PJ bottoms that she licks occassionally but she has just spent a good 5 mins licking and grooming them (is that grooming me?).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stralachlan
08-03-2008, 12:09 AM

:lol: Probably better than getting a full face wash which is what Acorn does to me - I do get worried when he focuses on my mouth & nose :oops:

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
08-03-2009, 09:55 PM
We were supposed to go to the Pet Shop and pick up a Hamster (I didn't even know that there were rescues for animals other than cats and dogs at that point). We walked around the shop and I pointed out Bean in one of the pens. Nick said NO to rabbits. One of our good friends had a house rabbit called Bruce and Nick thought he was 'cool'.

Anyway, back to the pet shop, we kept walking around and out of the corner of our eye Bean kept looking at us - both paws on the glass. We went back to his pen and Nick got the assistant and said ' we would like him please' :D:D:D:D:D:D

So that was Bean. I then persuaded Nick that Bean needed a companion and we should rescue a Bunny...Nick took about two minutes to persuade...then Truffle arrived :D:D:D:D:D

Both Bean and Truffle belong to both of us...Nick loves them lots as do I. His first words when coming home after work are always 'Hi Kids'. Never hi James! :lol::lol::lol:

Becky's Bunnies
08-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Rich adores them- hes not as soppy as me though, and likes to be ''rabbit boss''.

The rabbits like to let him think that- but me and the kids know who's in charge- it them!:shock::lol:.
x

Sparkle x
08-03-2009, 10:08 PM
My OH has been great with buns. Since moving back home with my parents some of the buns are with him. Hes great with them :)

tracy08
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
We got our bunnies when my hubby was in hospital having a brain tumour removed. I was asked if i wanted them and i said yes, plus my mum found one. Any way. When we got them, hubby was home and moaned about having pets.
What a difference a couple of months make, hes fallen for them too lol, He moaned at first like you do when we found babies, 'oh my god not more rabbits blah blah' :lol: you should of seen him today kissing them. Do you think im going to beable to get them a new home. I dont think so. So i think we have gone from 3 to 6 so far lol Hes so soppy bless. ne moans about poo all the time, lke hes the one picking and cleaning, but he cant stop kissing the little noses :lol:

willowholly
09-03-2009, 09:18 AM
My hubby adores B and always has to give her a cuddle before bed but he does find the constant talk of rabbits abit weird.Hes like a parent who loves their children but not other peoples!:lol:

Murphy30
09-03-2009, 09:32 AM
My husband was just humouring me when I got my two, but he's as besotted with them as I am now - In fact I'd say he fusses over them more than me now, lol! :love::love:

He's made wooden shutters for the front of their hutch (For at night to keep predators and bad weather out), made modifications to their hutch for me, spent ages building a run for them....and this from someone who wasn't fussed about them when we got them! :)

I also have to watch him to stop him giving them too many treats - He loves going out there and giving them carrots - I have to tell him off as too many aren't good for them :roll::lol:

biscandmatt1
09-03-2009, 09:38 AM
my boyfriend is great, he loves bisc and matt so much and he has spent a fortune on them, vets bills, toys, new shed, new hutches etc... but he says they're worth it! he sits with them and plays games with them and they absolutely adore him. :love:

when he goes upstairs or into the kitchen they go and wait for him at the door and when he gets home from uni or work they run over to greet him. they love him. :love:

i'm really lucky because he loves them as much as me!

happypreso
09-03-2009, 12:00 PM
My hubby isn't interested at all! never has been and I dont think he ever will ... he is just not into animals of any kind.

natandfluffs
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Awww. Mine has taken a while to come around- Fluffy was admitted under duress (though he didn't have much choice really) but he now refers to himself as Daddy, worries about him being looked after by my parents when we go away, talks to him grooms him etc.

I decided to change his food recently, and Dave says, let me look, I need to see what you're giving him, and proceeded to read the ingredients :lol::lol::roll:

He has even started telling his friends and other visitors how lovely he is, and describing the benefits of house buns!

The outside lot are a different story though- they're 'trouble' and he's apparantly not so into them. But into them enough to talk about installing a webcam, and feeding them before I can out get there sometimes in the morning. ;)

Bluesmum
09-03-2009, 08:55 PM
My o/h firmly describes Blue as 'ok' but is more than happy to lay on the floor/sofa fussing him.
He always gets him little treats too and has decided that Blue needs a wifey bun 'Can she be kind of my bun?' *looking rather sheepish*
He makes me laugh but I know he loves him really! Can't wait to get our potential girly home....I just know he's going to fall for her!

huppie
10-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Hubby made me promise that we could only get rabbits if I was the primary carer. He would help if I was sick or went away for work but that is it.

Mostly that is still true but boy oh boy does he love them...'hello bunbuns how are you today?'....'aww, look at Huppie isn't she cute'...'haha Rambaldi just did a massive binky and landed in the food bowl' Hubby is very sappy but you should see what he is like with his sheep (he has three), he cuddles them like toys :lol:

He still won't let me foster though :(

Emma