• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Partners & your rabbits...

norrielian

Mama Doe
Morning :wave:

The rabbits have always been mine but I've noticed more recently how my hubbie seems to be paying them a lot more attention. He makes up any excuse to pop to the garage but always takes some veg from the fridge with him! This morning he said you are running late, I'll go and do the rabbits for you (I wasn't running late at all) :lol:

The bunnies are in the garage below our bedroom and I could hear him giggling and talking to them and then came in to tell me a funny story about them eating their breakfast. He then said, Connie (Dillon's new girlfriend) is cool isn't she!

He has never disliked them or anything, just didn't really show that much interest before. Anyone else's partners changed their tune once they have realised how much personality bunnies have?

Lian x

My hubby lies on the floor with them (I can't get down on the floor), purely because he thinks they should have someone get down to their level.

We only got the buns coz I wanted them Sean wasn't that fussed even tho they live at his house but I always catch him having conversations with them and he spoils them as much as I do :lol: He's always telling me about things they have done when I'm not there!

He tells me off when I do bunny runs coz he says I think other buns are more important than my own!! Which is sooo not true they're my babies!

We only got the buns coz I wanted them Sean wasn't that fussed even tho they live at his house but I always catch him having conversations with them and he spoils them as much as I do :lol: He's always telling me about things they have done when I'm not there!

He tells me off when I do bunny runs coz he says I think other buns are more important than my own!! Which is sooo not true they're my babies!

"Did someone mention my Aunty Helen shouldn't do bunny runs :shock: Let me at them.... :evil:
picture-1.jpg

"Did someone mention my Aunty Helen shouldn't do bunny runs :shock: Let me at them.... :evil:
picture-1.jpg

Haha!! He's only kidding!! I feel that bunny runs are the least I can do to help support the fantastic rescues and all the work that they do :D and if it means a handsom boy getting the gorgeous wifey bun that he deserves then it makes the stress of traffic worth it!!

I wish my hubby was as intersted with my pets, he doesn't mind me having them but doesn't get involved at all, apart from taking me to the vets lol bless him

Which one?

By the way Cassius is gorgeous, I didn't realise his dutchy bits were such a pretty orangey/creamy colour he's a very handsom boy :D

As you know we're very much a both with rabbits couple. Maria's the policeman though inasmuch as she dictates how many we have. Except of course when Adam became available...
I do accept we're pretty much at our limit (after the next one :D).

Neil

As you know we're very much a both with rabbits couple. Maria's the policeman though inasmuch as she dictates how many we have. Except of course when Adam became available...
I do accept we're pretty much at our limit (after the next one :D).

Neil

Did you both keep them before you met then?

Did you both keep them before you met then?

I did back in the 80's/early 90's before I knew Maria.
This time round we'd just started to get the house right when I suggested we go to the RSPCA and "look at the rabbits" :roll:! That was 3 years, 3 weeks ago and a week later we had Nellie and Poppet :D.

Neil

Which one?

By the way Cassius is gorgeous, I didn't realise his dutchy bits were such a pretty orangey/creamy colour he's a very handsom boy :D

Maverick.

He is bootiful isn't he? :D He looks so much better now he is the right weight, is head looks in proportion again!

My hubby isnt too intersted in the buns but he does have a soft spot for agouti's which is good! He oftens stops me if I'm walking past with Comet or Valerie and asks for a kiss (from them not me :lol:), but I think he has a bit of a love/hate relationship with Bob... they share the lounge and Bob likes to wee on him and chews his cables. :D

I don't have a OH but I have a father, he usually doesn't care much for the rabbits except feeding them while I'm away and paying the vet bills (probably since he knows I am a little short on money:roll:) He didn't pay to get Zakura neutered though...well technically he did since he was the one who picked her up, but I had to pay him afterwards:lol:

Last summer however he was talking about build a shed...mostly to keep the snow..(thing...that throws snow away..no idea what it's called in English)... in, but then he said he could make an extra long roof on it, put the snow-thingy outside and build all new rabbit cages inside:D I got overjoyed and bought another rabbit... that was about 8 months ago and he still isn't finished:roll: All that's in the shed right now is one hay bale, some isolation-rolls, random rabbit equipment and other stuff and Zakura in a plastic-wire cage:roll:

My little brother got really exited when I got my first rabbit 3 years ago (and he still refuses to let me even talk about getting rid of her) but he doesn't really help much with them... He once wanted his own rabbit too, a female which would be kept in with Zakura... His great plan was that he could feed the rabbits every day, and I would clean the hutch:evil: I said no way, if he wanted his own rabbit he had to clean the hutch himself.
He's never asked for a pet again after that:roll:
But at least he KNOWS he's too irresponsible to keep a pet:D

Last edited:
My hubby loves the buns as much as me! Not at first though, he always tells people now that he didn't realise how much personality they had :lol:

He will often come back with special veggies and toys and stuff for them :lol:

My fiance was as excited as me when we decided to get a bunny, his parents have 2 bunnies though so he grew up with them.

My partner was VERY reclutant when I wanted to get a bun. When Arthur's plight came up he let me have him from a humanity point of view. However, he has now taken over the care of Arthur and I have to fight to feed and look after Arthur! :lol:

We are going to The Rabbit Residence Rescue tomorrow to look for potential bunny wife for Arthur and the other half can't wait. lol

As far as my hubby is concerned, all the animals in our house are mine or son's.........however, he is always sat with a cat on his lap, does baby voices to the hamster when no-one is looking, and loves sitting on the floor with the buns to have a play! So we know better ;)

It was hubby's idea to get me my buns. He does like them but leaves the care of them to me, which was the deal, I got the buns but had to do all the feeding, cleaning and cuddles etc. But he does has a big soft spot for them lol

Back