• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

profleece

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
do people use profleece instead of other bedding in the hutch?Do the rabbits try and dig it up?or shove it into the corner and sit on bare hutch floor???I am wondering if i should get some as my buns use a litter tray.How often do you change it??
thanks in advance:D

i use carpet .....;)

got pro fleece too which i use in the bed area but a lot of buns seem to wee in it for some reason :rolleyes:

I've used cheaper pet fleece from wilkinsons, which is a good way to see how they treat fleece bedding - mine all dig it up into a ball, chew it and pee on it, so I cut it up and used it to line my wellies :D

I find it varies from bun to bun.

Lavender and Oxo have it in their bed box

Bedbox2.jpg

With a layer of news paper underneath and a Snuggle safe on top. They keep it nice and clean an odd poo pellet but mostly nothing. I give it a shake once a week and wash it about every 6 weeks.

Bamber and Maisie have a fleece blanket in the bed area of their hutch with a piece of profleece on top. Always clean but occasionally used for digging. Shaken daily washed approx every 6 weeks.

Blossom and Pippin. Have profleece in a cardboard box. Gets weed on occassionally but poo'd on a lot. Shaken everyday and washed if its a big wee.

Snow and Treacle. Used in their bed box. Always clean but but used for digging, occasionally dragged through the entrance hole into the shed. These two also like to chew it so I keep having to buy new pieces Shaken daily washed when necessary.

Lopotel5.jpg

I'd say get some.

Rabswood

I dont know about outdoor bunnies, but in Muppet's indoor cage he has profleece at one end and a litter tray at the other. He's litter trained so no poo-ing or wee-ing on the profleece. If he nibbles at it, it must be when I'm not looking ;)

Anyway, he seems to like it. Comfy for a snooze and a bunny flop :) Tho he also likes snoozing on the doormat by the patio door too.

10 outdoor bunnies hate the stuff, gets dragged to the toilet and weed on :roll:

Stripes adores it as it helps with the pressure on her legs and keeps her dry

Back