• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So Sad Foster Buns Going :(

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Now I know it is a good thing, and I can't afford anymore permanent residents, so couldn't keep them. But Flynn and Matilda are off to their new home on Saturday and I am going to cry like a baby I know it. I have watched these 2 grow up since they were 9 weeks old and I love them so much.

Their new mum and dad came to see them today and are lovely. The buns were amazing and flopped and rolled about and were just adorable... and I know they are going to have a great life. I am just so sad.

I need to grow some balls dont I?

I know I've already said this but what you will be feeling is so normal, Especially after watching them grow and shaping into the fine monkeys they are now! You are so brave - I couldnt even let Jen go! :oops: Like you say though, these little folks have to move on to make room for some other bunnies in need of a lovely happy home, and a fantastic foster-mum (and foster auntie of course, sorry Princess C!) Be brave hun, and Good luck little bunnies!! :D X

I cried on Monday when Peter ( now Louie )went; despite my knowing he was going to the most loving and secure home you could wish for :lol: I knew I would. I secretly thought right, I'll cry on the way, then I'll be fine for the hand over. WRONG!!!!!:lol::lol::lol: Still it was a good cry if you know what I mean.:lol: Trust me you are not the only fosterer who cries, it shows you care.:D

After rehoming a few you will soon come to the way of thinking that the fact they are going to a nice new home frees up the space to help some other poor rabbit who is desperately in need of help. You are the vital middle man and without your spare hutches these poor rabbits will not get the assistance that they require.

You are doing a good job, keep it up.

Arghhh its just so hard. They were climbing on me cos I was familiar and the new people weren't... I feel so protective over them, but my golly they are gonna have a fab life. Just wanna make sure the new folks understand about ALL illnesses. Am I panicking?

Get them to join the forum. It's a good way of still seeing those fosters who've moved on to their forever homes.

I have but they don't have BB at home, well they do but it is slow. My last fosters Tuppence and Blake send me regular reports. However the new buns are on the way to my mother in laws and they said I can pop in any time. x

Im so glad you put this post up! :D
Ive got 2 foster buns that ive got way to attached to :love: but I know they can go to a good home when the right one comes along and that they'll have an amazing life and i'll have room for ones that are coming from bad situations/ unwanted homes or both! :roll:
Its just hard letting go. I even had one girl that visited the buns ask me is it hard fostering? :roll: and do I get upset when they go? of course I do?! :shock: I dont give up alot of my time to look aftre them vets visits etc when i dont care about them but knowing they're going to a good home makes the hurt a little less as it enables us to carry on the job of finding more buns in need new homes.

All makes logical sense but that all goes out the window when you handing the buns over that you love so much and have got so attached to :cry:

Hiya - thinking of you!

I've been watching your two 'babies' grow, and really feel for you. I excitedly logged onto the forum, watching for the first pics, the first videos, every snippet of news and update. After all, they were the 'foster brother and sister' of the beautiful Blake and Tuppence! I love that thought - that my rabbits, through you, will have foster brothers and sisters around the country :)

You do a wonderful job! I know I couldn't do it.

Send them to their new home with a smile on their faces and love in their hearts. That's what my two brought with them, so thank you - and I await news of the new additions to the foster family.

xx

:wave:Tears of joy, tinged with a little sadness, are the best tears ever. Cry them with pride.

Then refill their hutches :lol: and start again.

Hiya - thinking of you!

I've been watching your two 'babies' grow, and really feel for you. I excitedly logged onto the forum, watching for the first pics, the first videos, every snippet of news and update. After all, they were the 'foster brother and sister' of the beautiful Blake and Tuppence! I love that thought - that my rabbits, through you, will have foster brothers and sisters around the country :)

You do a wonderful job! I know I couldn't do it.

Send them to their new home with a smile on their faces and love in their hearts. That's what my two brought with them, so thank you - and I await news of the new additions to the foster family.

xx

Aww thanks Elaine. That brought a happy tear to my eye! I can't tell you how satisfying it is when I get news stories from you about Blake and Tuppence. It is worthwhile I know, its just hard. But then I guess you would have to have a heart of stone not to feel it. With these 2 I spent alot of time handling them and getting them used to different things, so that they would be real friendly... think I got too involved! Never mind I will do it all again! :lol:

Awwwww! "Bitter-sweet" comes to mind.

You have given those lucky buns the very best start they could have hoped for in this (nasty and cruel at times!:() world and for that you ought be very proud.

Good luck for the re-home and thinking you're very much allowed a good cry!

TP;)

It is sad when they go and I always cry :oops: I now look at the positive things like I have helped them through a hard time, spays/neuters, taming and given them love before they go to their new home. Sort of a journey :) I love fostering and would never stop :) but it is hard when the leave :cry:

It is sad when they go and I always cry :oops: I now look at the positive things like I have helped them through a hard time, spays/neuters, taming and given them love before they go to their new home. Sort of a journey :) I love fostering and would never stop :) but it is hard when the leave :cry:

Ditto :thumb:

I know how you feel. I dropped my foster off at chloes tonight but thankfully he is going to someone we know so I don't feel so sad but I still feel glum, as I did when my last foster sid left.

and steph I quote from chloe when she came to collect sid "gosh, steph would be bawling her eyes out by now" so I can verify :lol::lol::lol::lol:

aww love you'll be ok. it's only natural to be sad to see them leave even though you know they're going to a fab home.

have a good long cry tonight then let them go tomorrow.

big hugs :love:

Back