• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ryedale hutch

I have a 5 ft double storey hutch from them, see photo below. The quality of the hutch is really good. We painted it with hutch stain as soon as it had arrived, but they come treated already. Delivery took about 2 weeks. The only negative thing I can think of is the ramp. It is steep, narrow and the opening for it is quite small, so bigger bunnies will have problems. (The photo does not show the ramp. I was only using the top level during the first few days after bonding Sunnie and Cloud)

ryedale4.jpg

Most of the ARC hutches have been bought from this company. The majority of us are now using 6 foot hutches which are triple storey. I know both the Karens and Donna have been very pleased with theirs, they only arrived about 2 weeks ago. I ordered a 'special order' from them last week which is a made to measure 2 quadruple storey breeder hutches. As they are special order and have to be made to measure as I have a lot of specific requests for mine they intitially thought at the latest they would take either just over 2 or 3 weeks. At the moment I know they will arrive EARLY on a Sunday morning either in 8 days time or in 13 days time on Easter Sunday.

These hutches are very solid and therefore very heavy. Make sure you have some strong people around when it gets delivered. :D

These hutches are very solid and therefore very heavy. Make sure you have some strong people around when it gets delivered. :D

I will get them to bring the van down to the side of the house by the back gate. If they deliver to the front door ... that means side gate which will be easier for them as well. As long as we can manipulate it through the gate it will be fine as I have to line all the hutches first and treat the wood before anyone is going to be put into it. I am used to lifting big heavy men ... a hutch isn't too much of a problem if OH and the boys are there!

You are welcome round to see mine hun :D I have the whopper double 6ft x 2 x 2 with attached 6 x 5 run and I love it :D I can PM you piccies or pop around ;)

I've got same style as Bav Bun...and would agree with her about the ramp being too steep and narrow. I've had to build a platform for mine to jump onto, then a smaller ramp leading upwards from that.

I didn't get a run because I don't like runs that attach to the front, they can be a pain if you need to clean out, etc. I have thought about making a run to fit on the back of the hutch, accessible via a catflap.

The build quality of Rydale hutches is fantastic...I really do think they'd easily last the lifetime of the rabbit.

Amy

Well we've ordered our new bunny palace today :D Photos to follow at some point in the future when it arrives and buns have settled in! x

Oooh I love mine!

DSC07997.jpg

I have the 6ft double hutch :D The ryedale people were lovely and very helpful :D I think mine took about three weeks in total but was in the post longet than yours will be :D x

Back