• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bitten by annoyed bun - treatment?

lindka

Young Bun
I was giving (or at least trying to give) May her probiotic medication tonight and she was objecting strongly - she sunk her teeth into my arm, through my fleecy coat I might add - I have 3 little teeth marks on my inner arm, she has drawn blood but there is no pain - do I need tetanus or anything or just keep it clean?

Cheers, Lin

If you haven't had a tetanus jab in the last ten years or less than 3 in your life you may need a booster, check with your surgery.

Other than that just give it a clean with salt water and apply some antiseptic cream and it should be ok, if it becomes very red, very itchy or swollen see your pharmacist for advice/doctor :D

I think she'll be alright :lol:

Sorry, couldn't let it pass. Clean it well, as a vegetarian animal you're much less likely to catch anything, especially from a bite. It's the soil on the claws that's more of a problem if they scratch you.

I was told my tetanus had to be up todate last time I had a serious rabbit bite.

Yes, thats right, they can do some damage..... I lost feeling in two of my fingers temporarily.

As long as your tetanus is up to date, you'll fine.

Just make sure that the wound is cleaned out (I favour dilute TCP myself) and dressed if need be.

Be thankful you were bitten on your arm and not your behind like I was :lol:!

Back