• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
One of my buns moulted about 3 weeks ago and the other started quite heavily a couple of days ago. Isn't it a bit early? Has anyone else got moulting bunnies.

I have noticed there is a lot of hair in the poop of the one who is moulting.

I am "combing" her twice a day and loads of hair is coming out! I am also trying to encourage more fluid to help any hair pass through. She is refusing the fresh pineapple juice I am trying to give her.

Is there anything else we can do to try and prevent blockages (she had one at Christmas and it was suspected hair)?

Several of mine have started a very heavy moult over the past few days. Cocoa and Poppy are VERY odd looking at the moment! They are usually just a gorgeous rich chocolate colour......but at the moment they are two tone light and dark chocolate! And my Lionhead X Lop Holly has developed a very pronounced 'V' in the centre of her forehead......I think she might be a Vulcan rabbit!!!!!:shock: :lol: :lol:

I've got three heavily moulting bunnies here... I'm having to brush each about twice daily. I've got a little sandwich bag full of their fur, ready to put outside for nesting birdies! Heh.

Which mine, I'm just ensuring they've got plenty of hay to push it all through, and fresh water - and the occasional cube or two of papaya. And Plantain - 'cos it apparently aids digestion. I just like the smell of it though!

Ah, you have all put my mind at rest now. I will continue with plenty of fluids and fresh pineapple juice every 3 days or so. Will try the papaya too, bet they will like that!

Back