• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fudges Dental, I've had to let her go

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
My gorgeous fudgy wudgy is going in for her dental in the morning. As some of you know I have been umming and arring sometime on whether this is the right thing to do for her as she has so many other problems.

I have decided that if they find anything more than the one broken molar they are to let her go. I don't want her to go through any more than she has all ready.

I'm all ready worried about the GA as over the last few days she has started sneezing and her nose is a bit wet. I think this is caused by her roots. I've had to wait a week since I made the appoinment because I wanted the vet who uses gas only to operate on her as Fudge recovered so well from it last time and this was the first slot she had. I only worry now that I have left it too long as she has definately deteriorated in the past week.

She is such a special girl, she will be 7 in a few weeks and I've had her since a baby.

fudge in her younger days with Brendan

brendanandfudge9.jpg

fudge yesterday
HPIM0824.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jane, I'll be by the phone all morning I know if I get a call before 2pm its bad news, so fingers crossed the phone doesn't ring

Lots of positive good luck vibes for Fudges dental today :wave:

Thinking of you both today.

Big (((hugs)))

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I've just dropped her off at the vets, and spent ages going through everything with the vet nurse.
Fudge was really bright this morning which is good I just hope the phone doesn't ring to early

I've had to let her go

I had the phone call I was dreading. They could not remove the broken molar this time as the roots were too firm, she also had bad spurs on another back tooth, that they thought would grow back very quickly.They also thought her sore hocks were getting painful and she was developing cateracts.

I had to decide quickly as she was under the GA when they phoned. It seemed unfair to let her carry on when she had so many problems that could'nt be fixed. She was a special bunny.

I now have to take her pen down and throw her toys away. I hate doing that it's so final:cry::cry::cry:

I had the phone call I was dreading. They could not remove the broken molar this time as the roots were too firm, she also had bad spurs on another back tooth, that they thought would grow back very quickly.They also thought her sore hocks were getting painful and she was developing cateracts.

I had to decide quickly as she was under the GA when they phoned. It seemed unfair to let her carry on when she had so many problems that could'nt be fixed. She was a special bunny.

I now have to take her pen down and throw her toys away. I hate doing that it's so final:cry::cry::cry:

Oh no :cry::cry: I'm so sorry

Oh hun, I am so sorry:cry::cry: She was a beautiful girl and I hope she is now pain free and doing huge binkies in your honour at the Bridge:cry::cry:

Oh hun, I am so sorry:cry::cry: She was a beautiful girl and I hope she is now pain free and doing huge binkies in your honour at the Bridge:cry::cry:

Thank you. It would be great to think of her doing binkies again, its been such a long time since she was able to do one :)

Awww bless you! HUGS!!:(

She knew a life of happiness and love and is now out of any pain.
I know it doesn't help your pain, but something to focus on through the grief at least.

TP:(

I am so sorry to hear about poor Fudge. :cry: :cry: But you have done right by her, and she will now be happy and pain free. Enjoy doing happy binkies at the Bridge, beautiful Fudgie. xxx :cry:

I`m so sorry you`ve had to make the `dreaded decision`:cry: but you did what was kindest for Fudge.

Binky free Fudge
<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>

Su.x

I'm so sorry. :( What a gorgeous bunny - RIP Fudge

I always dread 'the' phone call when either of mine are being examined. You have done the best thing for her. :(

Back