• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

On Behalf of Myrtle..

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
On behalf of Myrtle, Faye and myself I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone on here.
The support shown over the last 11 days has been overwhelming. Your messages and well wishes have meant so much.

I hope this awful time has acted as a warning to some people in a few ways.

1)..VACCINATE your rabbits..there is no excuse not to..if you can't afford it then you shouldn't have a pet..you are fully responsible for their lives.

2)..be very careful when trying to help animals..remember taking in "at risk" rabbits obviously seems like a great idea, but the animals could risk the lives of your own pets. If you want to help and you are not experienced with health and welfare, then lend a hand at your local rescue..they will appreciate it.

3)..not everyone is honest. On then internet people can pretend to be anyone they choose, and the things they say about themselves are often far from accurate.
........................................................................................................
For those who were kind enough to send donations towards her care..thank you so much...every penny has been spent on Myrtle..if anything arrrives that takes us over her vet bills we can return it if you wish or it will be spent on the other animals in the rescue.

Myrtle's story has touched many and I know we have all been so upset by her losing her fight..but at least we know she had the best care possible.

As for Faye..well she has had the worst time in caring for this lovely rabbit, watching her fade and having to say goodbye.
Faye has been invaluable to all the Honeybunnies that have passed through her care, but over the last 12 days she has shown what an angel she is..I'm sure Myrtle is looking down on her with love and gratitude.

Once again thank you everyone xxx

How lovely...............:cry::cry:

EDIT: I agree, a good chance to drum home the importance of vaccinating.

Last edited:
I agree with every word. Well done to all involved and shame on those who created this disaster.

It has really been heartwarming how this last week has brought everyone together.

Faye really is amazing. always the first to offer help and nothing is ever too much trouble.

Well done for working so hard for Myrtle and her babies.

Indeed it is a timely reminder to vaccinate. Let us hope in that respect at least that Myrtle's passing was not in vain. And continued fingers crossed that Faye's other rabbits remain okay.

Neil

Here here! Totally agree, hope that serious lessons have been learn, but so sorry poor Myrtle paid the ultimate price.

As for Faye..well she has had the worst time in caring for this lovely rabbit, watching her fade and having to say goodbye.
Faye has been invaluable to all the Honeybunnies that have passed through her care, but over the last 12 days she has shown what an angel she is..I'm sure Myrtle is looking down on her with love and gratitude.

I agree, bless you Faye.x

Totally agree and with the vaccination amnesty on at the moment there is no excuse.

Well done Faye!

You all did such a fantstic job , you showed her what it's like to be loved :D
I just wish I could of donated some money towards her care :(

Well said, Jill !

Poor Myrtle has effected all of us here SO much.....so I cannot even BEGIN to imagine what Faye has been going through.:( :( :( I am sure that Myrtle is SO grateful to Faye for showing her so much love, kindness, and comfort during what unfortunately turned out to be her final days.

WELL DONE to everyone involved in poor Myrtle's rescue and care. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It is tragic that Myrtle and her babies paid the price for the selfish actions of someone who had plenty of access to advice and information about Rabbit health and welfare. They clearly chose not to put that advice into practice.
Aswell as the consequent suffering caused to an innocent Rabbit the selfish actions of one person have caused so much heartache for others
I would like to think that everyone can learn from their 'mistakes' but sadly past experience has taught me that some people never will. Myrtle and her Babies deserved so much better, at least they found it in their final days

Janex

Thank you Jill for those words.

Myrtle's plight affected us all so deeply, I still well up thinking about.

If one one person realises the need for vaccinations because of Myrtle then her death will not have been in vain.

Thank you Faye for all the love and care you showed Myrtle.

Vanessa xx

Well said. Myrtle will not be fogotten and the message about vaccinating will hopefully be all the more louder for her sad passing. :cry:

I think we should all take into account all areas of caring for our rabbits. Myrtle has made me realise that I can't keep my bunnies wrapped in cotton wool. I vaccinate but have been scared to use our new garden for fear of anything bad happening to them. Daft I know but I promise Myrtle that when the weather is warmer (after they've had the vaccies updated) that we will use their lovely new big run I bought last year and take lots of piccies to share with the forum. :)

Very well said Jill :)

Faye, you have been wonderful and gave Myrtle the best chance possible and made the last few days of her life as comfortable and happy as possible even though it hurt you so much to watch her fade.
You are a shiny star :)

I really hope Myrtle didn't die in vain and we can all learn from this one way or another.

You loved and cared for Myrtle right up to the end - those few days that she knew love and comfort where the most important days of her life as she took love to the Bridge with her - xxxx

The Hairy Mob are due for their 6 monthly vaccinations next week - and they will all be getting done.

Please let people learn that vaccinations are the difference between life and death :cry::cry:

Lovely words Jill, I could not have thought of those words, but it is exactly what I have been feeling.

Poor Myrtle's story will hopefully be told for a long time to come and be a good reference for anyone who doubts the importance of vaccinations.

I agree with what has been said.

Faye, you did a wonderful job, your dedication incredible. It is so sad it had to end this way, but i know Myrtle will return the favour and be a guardian bunny over you, The HunnyBunnies, and the Hunnybunnies team.

As long as we remember Myrtle, she will never really leave. Thinking of you xx

Well done to all those involved and wholeheartedly agree with all Jill has said, in particular if you can't afford to vaccinate you shouldn't have animals.

Take care
Lian x

Back