• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nia UPDATE 11/03

capel

Warren Veteran
:(
Just back from the vet. She's lost more weight and is now down to 1.10kg despite her porridge and split peas etc. Her nasal discharge is ongoing though her sneezing is only very occasional now. She's on baytril for another 2 weeks and then Kevin will review the situation. He gave her a thorough going over and she appears healthy in all other respects apart from the weightloss and one snotty nostril. Her general condition seems ok..bright eyes, good coat and healthy appetitie...it's just her weightloss that's causing the worry. She was 1.35 at her post spay check up. Just got a horrible feeling about this, so I would like some vibes:cry:

Last edited:
Oh no :cry: I was so hoping for some weight gain today..

Vibes for the lovely Nia and really hope she gains some weight .

So was I, Karen. The thing is , she looks so healthy. Tim has lost a bit of weight and is now down to a much healthier 1.5kg.

Sorry to hear shes lost weight, do you think all the running around bonding may have caused it? I imagine just having a friend means they move around more, rather than sitting for long periods on their own. Really hope she puts a bit of weight on next time and the snotty nose clears up. x

Thanks so much for all your positive comments. I think the fact that her uterus was so diseased makes me fear the worst really, but she's not showing any neurological problems which may have pointed to the cancer spreading to her brain, nor problems with her lungs, or mobility(which might be indicative of bone cancer). I'm upping her porridge tomorrow and will hand feed her pellets just in case Tim is stealing her share.

Oh Hilda, I am so, SO sorry to hear about Nia's weight loss.:cry: :cry: I am hoping and praying SO much that it is down to her having a friend to play with now. She is SUCH a dear, sweet little girlie......I am sending SO many vibes to her, and big ::hugs:: to you. xxxxx

Thanks so much. I'm sitting here feeling as though there's a big black cloud on my shoulder. She's been through so much and is the sweetest, sweetest bunny I've ever known. There's not an ounce of aggression anywhere on that tiny frame..she's such a people bunster too!!! I'm maudlin now:roll:. I expect I'll bounce back tomorrow...

Oh hun......I felt that same way when my Timmy was ill.:cry: :cry: I will keep sending MASSES of vibes to little Nia....and loads of positive energy vibes to you. ::hugs:: xxx

Back