• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flat packed hutch and runs

touie

Wise Old Thumper
How long did it take you to build them?

I think my dads trying to get out of it, he just suggested waiting until he had 3 days off and I thought that was a little bit excessive :shock:

I know, there is nothing worse than having to wait for something to be done, when you want it done now this minute, I wouldn't want to wait either. I reckon an hour to an hour and a half, but it depends on the hutch i suppose, and how good your dad is at diy,.
Which one have you got?

Could you not have a go yourself? I just make everything flat pack myself - it's better than waiting for a man to do it!

Me and the OH built Henry and Humphrey's flat packed one in about an hour...

I'd like that 6 foot one....

xxx

I got my mum a hutch and run combo for mothers day for her guinea pigs and me and my dad built it last sat night when she went to bed and it took ages loads of the holes didn't match up and the screws did not grip at all i had to put loads more in to secure it. If it was for my rabs i would be mad as i think its not that well made but the guineas seem ok in it and are trying it out for an hour today. this is the one

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=168&categoryID=6

My friend and I built one the same size from happy hutch in about an hour and a half (although there was alot of chatting and a cup of coffee going on at the same time:oops:). Hubbie was away. I assumed he could tighten up the scews etc when he got back but wasn' t necessary. The electric scewdriver was very useful!!
Have fun x

I got my mum a hutch and run combo for mothers day for her guinea pigs and me and my dad built it last sat night when she went to bed and it took ages loads of the holes didn't match up and the screws did not grip at all i had to put loads more in to secure it. If it was for my rabs i would be mad as i think its not that well made but the guineas seem ok in it and are trying it out for an hour today. this is the one

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=168&categoryID=6

I believe the hutch you are talking about is one of the ones they buy in and dont make themselves as they seem to be sold in many different places.

I believe the hutch you are talking about is one of the ones they buy in and dont make themselves as they seem to be sold in many different places.

Oh right i thought i was wierd as i have bought excellent things from happy hutch before:)

Awww, have a go at it yourself!;) I can assemble a 6' x 2' Happy Hutch with run in about an hour and a half on my own. It's pretty straight forward!:D

well if he doesn't do it I'm going to have a go with my boyfriend on Saturday :D I think it will take to people to manoever one that size and to move the existing one out the way!!!

Back