• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hate Woodshavings!

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I have spent ages doing my two hutches and then the wind blew and i have woodshavings and straw everywhere and i have spent an hour sweeping it all up.What a mess i got into.If i use newspaper they shred it and bits go everywhere,has anyone got a nice tidy hutch???:roll::roll:

when i had outdoor bunnies i never used woodshaving i didnt like them fo rthat reasons they made a mess

lisa

I have spent ages doing my two hutches and then the wind blew and i have woodshavings and straw everywhere and i have spent an hour sweeping it all up.What a mess i got into.If i use newspaper they shred it and bits go everywhere,has anyone got a nice tidy hutch???:roll::roll:

Yes.

I use a couple of litter trays with a 2 handfuls of shavings or shredded paper in the bottom and then topped up with hay.

The floors are about to be lino'd therfore a quick brush out or a run over with some kitchen paper.

My last Rabbit hated shavings and straw (he was wierd)

I found teabag papers in a local shop he loved them!
(they're the corners cut off when making the round teabags)
clean cheap and very absorbent

I use a couple of litter trays with a 2 handfuls of shavings or shredded paper in the bottom and then topped up with hay.

The floors are about to be lino'd therfore a quick brush out or a run over with some kitchen paper.

Same here, so much easier and cleaner.:)

mine are really tidy as the floors are bare - they have some megazorb and hay in a big underbed box, and another big underbed box full of hay for a bed, plus Maa has a small cat litter tray with a handful of litter in, which gets emptied daily :)

Back