• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vaccinations

Rabbit1986

Alpha Buck
Neither of my buns are vaccinated yet and i a looking at getting this done ASAP, however i have them both booked in for neutering on 20th March and have read that their vaccinations can make them feel a little bit under the weather. And if i get their myxi done now their VHD will be due around the same time as their op and i obviusly don't want to toally traumatise them. So my question is, do i get them neutered give them a week or so to recover and then get their vaccs done, or do i get them done now meaning they coinside with their ops? We don't live in a very rural area, never see wild buns and have never ever seen a mosquito or any type of biting insect. I have only had the buns for just over a week which is why neither of them are vaccinated. Any advise appriciated.

if it was me id want the jabs done and if necessary postpone the de-plumming op if the vet recommended it :)

I was thinking of possibley getting their myxi done this week, keeping the de-plumming on 20th and then when they go back for their post op check getting their VHD done. Dones it have to be exactly 2 weeks after the myxi you get the VHD done or at least 2 weeks?

I'd personally have them Myxi jabbed now, neutered in a couple of weeks, then VHD a week after that, assuming they have recovered well from the op. I guess vets and people vary, maybe ask you vet what they advise.

I was thinking of possibley getting their myxi done this week, keeping the de-plumming on 20th and then when they go back for their post op check getting their VHD done. Dones it have to be exactly 2 weeks after the myxi you get the VHD done or at least 2 weeks?

Thats what I'd do.... it can be any time after 2 weeks.:)

the two weeks is a minimum :)

They are booked in for their Myxi at 6pm on manday then they will have their VHD a week after their op. £12.50 per vaccination. I'm going to be skint :lol::lol:

They are booked in for their Myxi at 6pm on manday then they will have their VHD a week after their op. £12.50 per vaccination. I'm going to be skint :lol::lol:

That's cheap! Wish my vets charged that, some charge up to £25 per vaccination :shock:

Though I'm also skint, two sets of vacciantions and a de-plumming recently. At least there's a few months yet before I have to fork out for a spey.

ours charges £19 :shock::shock: i think so far on this forum i have the most expensive vet :roll:

Back