• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Breed Traits...

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
I have a dutch, a mini lop, a cross breed and a dwarf lop and I was just wondering if all the traits they possess are typical for their breed?

The reason I ask is because of the Kitt (mini lop) and Hollie (dutch) bonding fiasco... are dutches generally dominant and a bit skittish? Would I need to find a rabbit matching her temprement?

I have a male dutch and a female dwarf lop and he is very dominant and skittish but my dwarf lop is very laid back and calm and they get along just fine.

What happened when you tried to bond them?

Most of my Dutch are bonded with other Dutch.....and they are absolutely fine.....no problems at all. The only Dutch I have who is not bonded to another Dutch is Mickey.....he is bonded to an Agouti doe who is twice his size. He does try to be all dominant over her, and she accepts this.....but for JUST so long. When she gets weary of him she spins around and chases him......and then he comes up to her and cuddles up all defeated looking and starts grooming her!!!:roll: :lol: :lol:

Back