• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Toys

Grace and Louis

Warren Scout
We all spend a fortune on our buns so I thought we could have a thread reccomending your top 3 rabbit toys - so we know which ones may be worth parting with our hard earnt cash for --- sorry if its been done before

1. Rabbit Tree - £9.99 from PAH -- Our buns LOVE their tree, so much so that the original one is almost bear cardboard now and my boyfriend and I went out on Saturday and bought them a new one, which is already looking well chewed. The 1st tree has lasted the bunnies since Christmas

2. Bunny tunnel - £7.99 from PAH -- Grace likes this one more than Louis as she sees it as a magic escape route but as long as they dont have access to it all the time when they do have it they play in it for hours. It is also great for my cats too as they probably play in it more - I bought them an expensive cat tunnel when they were babies and they never really bothered with it but this one they love to ambush each other through.

3. Plastic ball with bell in - £1.50 from most pet shops -- Another one that Grace loves, Louis isnt a big toy bunny he prefers food. I will often here the ball jingling at all hours of the day and night as she throws it around - although I dont really understand why she likes to put it in her litter tray :rolleyes:

The rolling treat ball with carrots on- Its about 3 pounds and is in most pet shops. Its a bit either a massive hit or a big failure depending on the bun...Joey and Luna both love it and will roll it around for hours, even after all the treats have gone. Fae and Sun never really worked it out, but Fae does like to follow Joey around while he rolls it, so she can steal all the rewards of his hard work

Pop up tents- 5 pounds for P@H, nice fleece inside stuck on with velcro (although Joey didnt think this was the right place for the fleece) and you can attach tunnels to it. Joey loves it and sleeps in it every night. Not really a toy, but its one of their favourite things

Hanging hoops-I got these from the local pound shop! But most pet shops sell them for a bit more money, designed for birds. Fae loves grabbing the rings and swinging them about and making the bell jingle:)

Millies favourites not in any particular order

1 pop up tunnel from PAH, she loves running through it, rollong it round the room and she spent an afternoon chewing the tag and ties off it! (the tent not so much)

2 the roll around treat ball (under a £5,most shops and also on RWA shop) now she's go the hang of it she goes looking for it , I put it in different places round the house

3 *can I say Mcd and KFC?* Drive through cup holder (Free!) the 2 cup is preferred!, I hide food underneath it and they get chewed, pushed and tossed around

Top 3 toys:

1. Giant Vine Ball - several layers of vine all wrapped around each other in a 15cm ball. They LOVE chewing this, throwing it around and generally destroying it!

2. Grass & Hay Ball - Similar sort of thing to above (maybe Harry & Winston were footballers in a past life?) but a 10cm grass ball stuffed with hay. Again, love nudging this around, pulling the hay out and eating it etc. And you can refill it with herbage or forage or whatever after they're done.

3. Split Willow Mat - it might be 'just a mat' but they've gone bonkers over this since we gave them it last week. Yesterday they had it between them, yanking on it and chewing at it from either side. Brilliant! :)

I know where you can get this lot, but i'm not actually allowed to tell you! :lol:

A large cardboard box with holes cut in :shock: all my buns play for ages in boxes and eventually destroy them. Think they must all have box fetishes.

Fruit tree sticks/branches (apple.pear & cherry) bark completely stripped in no time at all.

Willow balls

A large pipe which had been disgarded by workmen and strangly found its way into the back of my car ;)

Rabswood

Here a re a few of his favourite things..

A toy baby owl from the otter centre nearby (it has a beak and he can pick it up and carry it)

Tubs for margerine etc, lids on with some dried beans in for rattle noise.

Plaited help string, tied through a loo or kitchen roll holder :D

Top 3 toys...

One of those pop out tunnel things with a hole in the middle.
fr5.jpg

A large jingle ball, or hanging kabob bell (Faline likes noisy things)
moln7.jpg

A yellow pages or magazines to dig and destroy.
newmol2.jpg

02-1.jpg

Those are the 3 toys mine seem to get most enjoyment out of. All though we could not live without a treatball! But that's not really a toy.

Lmao! Wot, my bunnies do that? :p:angel: It was there.... But it seems to have got bigger. They love going in and out and jumping over it.

Aw, they do look alike. Mina is quite a happy bun. She is very 'blonde'. Likes to be the boss though, so is grumpy in that respect. She's not very people-y. :)

the tunnel from pets at home is ADORED by me four, its abolsutely their favorite.

second....anything willow! Willow balls, willow baskets! anything!

third..... wooden rattle from hay experts, all peanut does is throw it around and the other day he binkied whilst it was in his mouth! as if he was so so happy with his toys!

Carrot Patch (£6.99 I think P@H) Mine love thiers but it's looking a little worse for wear and I think they've lost all the carrots now :lol: Must get a refill at some point.

Bunny Rattle, good for chewing, throwing and making lots of noise with.

Willow stick bundle, good for chewing, breaking up the bundle and making a huge nest, throwing, running about with and hitting things with. (Also nest building if you're a confused boy bunny):lol:

Munchie loves toilet and kitchen roll tubes. He spends ages picking them up, throwing, picking up, throwing....... I sometimes put carrot in them. :)

I brought two large willow ball's from the Giant Pet Store. they cost £7 each but only lasted a day as Lionel and Amber went crazy over it:shock:

I went into WHSmiths the other day and saw a load of cardboard tubes (that their posters arrive in) and I now have the most amazing maze and assault course made of said tubes! Might be worth popping in :)

1. Willow balls, sticks and other weird shapes. The bunnies actuallyu eat tese so they need to be replaced but they spend a lot of time playing with them plus its great for wearing down the teeth.

2. Rattles and jingle balls which they toss about, sometimes at me.:lol:

3. Carrot tree. The sisal keeps them chewing for ages and sometimes they try to swat at the hanging carrots.

I'm going to cheat an add a 4th toy. It depends on the size of your garden but I bought 12 sheets of flexible perspex for £5 from B&Q to make big tunnels for when the bunnies play on the lawn. I often make an extensive tunnel system which mimics the underground burrows and tunnels in the wild. My bunnies zoom in and out at top speed or lie in them. It also provides a good hidey hole which makes them feel more secure. Its not cheap but these sheets of perspex have lasted many years now. I bend them into tunnel shapes and hold them in place using old garden chairs.

Please excuse the state of the lawn, we get a lot of rain in Scotland but by summer the grass is always long again.
1bunniesatplay10feb2005.jpg

34Nori10October2007.jpg

Back