• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe Flea Treatment For Rabbits

Nicola3

Mama Doe
Please can somebody tell me what is the safest thing to use on rabbits for treating fleas. I routinely use spot on treatment for the other animals but I want someting extra safe for the rabbits. Had a bad experience with using xenex ultra spot on a couple of years ago so want to make doubley sure that anything I use is super safe for buns. Also, I worry about the rabbits licking the chemicals off their fur and it going into their system.

What is the safest product to use please?

Thank you,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Hiah! There was a thread about flea treatment in "Rabbit Discussion" yesterday - somebody was using something called "Xeno" (not Xenex) that is apparently a new treatment.
This is a "spot on" type of affair so maybe you could spot it somewhere they can't lick??

TP;)

Hiah! There was a thread about flea treatment in "Rabbit Discussion" yesterday - somebody was using something called "Xeno" (not Xenex) that is apparently a new treatment.
This is a "spot on" type of affair so maybe you could spot it somewhere they can't lick??

TP;)

That was me. Yes have used the Xeno 450 spot on and it has been fine, no affects at all, even on the rabbit who reacted badly to Xenex

Back