• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

in or out?

misty moo

Warren Scout
:wave:hi all
i was just wondering what every one fort was best indoor bunni or a outdoor bunni.
what do ppl fink?

Having a house bunny is a completely different experience to having them outdoors. You get to know them so much better ... but that said, having outdoor buns is still a very pleasurable hobby too (apart from in the yucky winter weather :lol:):)

I have decided (see my thread) that an indoor bun is best for me. This is in NO WAY suggesting an outdoor bun is a sad one - just what I feel right for me.

TP;)

i wanted an indoor bun but every time i bring her in she does not like it and would not come out of her cage but when shes out she a diffrent bun lol
so i dint get my indoor bud:cry:

indoor for me, altho sometimes id quite happily banish them to a tiny hutch in someone elses garden :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe your bun is just happier being outdoors misty moo? My buns will be very young so (though currently outside) HOPING they'll quickly get used to being indoors when they arrive.

All the best,

TP;)

Personally I'm not comfortable with lone bunnies being outdoors as they are social animals and even with lots of attention, they are still probably looking at 22+ hours a day alone :cry:

Having said that - my bunnies are outdoors in pairs and they absolutely love it - I rarely interact with them, I get pleasure just from allowing them to be bunnies, so I think indoor or outdoor should depend on the number of bunnies and the personalities and preference of the bunnies and how you interact with them.

have had 2 outdoor buns, who both have died.
now have an indoor bun and we are spending far more time with her, cleaning is easier and warmer, and she is a pleasure to have indoors. She does have a pen to be in when noone is in to supervise her.

Although Benny seemed perfectly happy in the house, he was very destructive. Maa and Tia on the other hand were very well behaved in the house, but looked miserable - they really perked up once outside :)

Personally I'm not comfortable with lone bunnies being outdoors as they are social animals and even with lots of attention, they are still probably looking at 22+ hours a day alone :cry:

Having said that - my bunnies are outdoors in pairs and they absolutely love it - I rarely interact with them, I get pleasure just from allowing them to be bunnies, so I think indoor or outdoor should depend on the number of bunnies and the personalities and preference of the bunnies and how you interact with them.

my bunni lives on her own in the gerden at the mo i haved snowy in with her but she has passed on now:cry: finding her a new friend soon

After having both indoor and outdoor bunnies. I think indoor bunnies are best for me as I can spend more time with them.

Well mine are both outdoor buns and they just love it. They are outside in all weathers - even though they have a warm lovely hutch to sit in - but invariably are outside. They are parked at the door waiting first thing in the morning and hiding in the evening. I bribe them to get them in!

I would like to have tried indoor buns, but both hubby and eldest son are asthmatic and their fur would upset them. Also, I don't know if I could cope with all the chewing!!

I think that perhaps indoor buns are nicer for us cos we can interact with them more and spend time with them. Outdoor buns seem to like being - well - buns!! Mine don't really want me to touch or hold them, just feed them loads and loads. Sound pretty normal!!! :lol::lol:

Outdoor buns for me - Flopsy was very destructful when he was a baby inside and still is now if he is brought inside. Jem has never been indoors as she is now out with Flopsy and they both seem to love it.

Back