• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

March is Pet Vaccination month - crosspost widely

Lucy

Warren Veteran
Restore your pet's protection against disease.

During National Vaccination month, participating vets will provide a free healthcheck and discounted vaccination saving you up to £30 per pet*.

*Prices vary between practices and regionally, but you should expect to pay no more than a maximum of £50 for a standard full protective course (which will include a free health check and two visits to the vet). For dog owners higher charges may apply if you opt for additional Kennel Cough vaccination. Once you've printed your voucher and identified your local participating vets, simply ring them for a quote.

This includes rabbits too :D Check out http://www.vaccinationmonth.co.uk

Last edited:
Does this mean a bunny that has never had a vaccine can have the offer too ? May I add all mine are up to date ;)

Rabbits must be older than 9 months?!?! How Does That Work Out?!?!? :cry:

Just like my two free-cycled buns - they hadn't been vaccinated before I got them last month and they are over a year old......the scheme is designed to encourage people who haven't bothered to get their pets vaccinated up until now ;)

Just like my two free-cycled buns - they hadn't been vaccinated before I got them last month and they are over a year old......the scheme is designed to encourage people who haven't bothered to get their pets vaccinated up until now ;)

....... Oh.:?

It's more directed towards people that don't take animals to the vets. i guess by giving a free check over they are also hoping they may be able to pick up any health problems that the owners haven't noticed and to give good general advice.

The voucher says to qualify rabbits can't have been vacinated in the past 9 months, which rules out mine :( :?

me too mine have 6 months jabs and are getting then end of march,,, my friend who has neva vaccinated her rabbit is taking her, she is getting a half price vac and then a free booster.

i know im gunna get jumped but i think that is so unfair, that i do my pets as expected, as they deserve yet ppl who dont car enuf 2 do it full price get it free. its just really peeved me off

me too mine have 6 months jabs and are getting then end of march,,, my friend who has neva vaccinated her rabbit is taking her, she is getting a half price vac and then a free booster.

i know im gunna get jumped but i think that is so unfair, that i do my pets as expected, as they deserve yet ppl who dont car enuf 2 do it full price get it free. its just really peeved me off

I think with some people it's not that they don't care, but they just don't get enough info when they get a rabbit (any pet). Some people don't realise bunnies need vaccinations. Not all pet shops (if any) give out info about vacs and neutering.

My vets just wrote to say that they were doing free healthchecks for buns in March and to make an appointment. Mine are both up to date with their jabs, but I am glad that there is encouragement to get unvaccinated rabbits protected.

The pdsa is a donations based charity. Surely they need to direct their efforts and money towards people who are not good pet owners and wouldn't normally have animals vaccinated and checked anyway. They are trying to target people that are too cheap to pay for vaccines, then try to educate them about this while they are at the vets. It's a drive aimed at improving animals lifes, not a hand out for being a good owner.

Couple of questions. Neither of my buns have been vaccinated (don't all shout at once only officially been 'mine' a week or so) owever i have them both booked in for neutering on 20th March, am i better letting them be neutered and then be vaccinated, because i'm sure i read somewhere that the vaccinations make them poorly (or can do) and if the VHD is due 2 weeks after their myxi then it makes it around the same time as their op. So do i get them neutered, let them recover then have their jabs in april or do i just go for it and get it all done now?
2nd question, these vouchers say buns over 9 months only. Is this for health reasons. I don't have a clue how lod soty is we fond him in the road, i'd guess under 12 months but he could be under 9 months, will have the vaccination young affect hi?

So do i get them neutered, let them recover then have their jabs in april or do i just go for it and get it all done now?
2nd question, these vouchers say buns over 9 months only. Is this for health reasons. I don't have a clue how lod soty is we fond him in the road, i'd guess under 12 months but he could be under 9 months, will have the vaccination young affect hi?

You could get the myxi done now, my vet recommends waiting a week after the myxi jab before getting a bun neutered, and then get the VHD done once they are recovered from their ops. As to your second question, I don't know why they're saying over 9 months as the myxi can be given from the age of 6weeks and the Vhd, I believe, from 12 weeks of age.

Back