• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changing to a dog crate - how about this one?

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
Evening all, I am thinking about changing Rocky's indoor cage to a dog crate because I've noticed them being mentioned alot on this forum. I've seen this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/48-Dog-Puppy-...ryZ20745QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is it suitable for one rabbit? Are dog crates much better than a cage? How easy are they to customise, ie add a shelft etc?

how much would you expect to pay for a decent sized one?

Last edited:
if you have the room for a dog crate i think they are great. They give better head height and you can add shelves (there is a sticky on the forum about how to go about this) I paid £40 including delivery for my 42" (however mine are free range so don't stay in it) I got mine from the same site in your link and they were great. Delivery was fast and have had no probs with the crate.:D

dog crates are great... we have just had to replace ours as the paint was getting rusty...but we had ,had them 5 years!..we have to have crates as we have a bun who nibbles everything !even though he has hundreds of toys...so he cant be left out unsupervised

I love crates although my bunnies are now outside - the 48" is very high though - taller than a dining table! You do need big underbed storage boxes as litter trays too, to keep the mess in, since there's no high sides to a crate. As the end panels swing down from when it's flat-packed (another useful feature - mine are both easy to store now bunnies are outside) - you can join 2 smaller crates end to end, if you fasten up the end panels with garden wire or heavy duty cable ties :)

Back