• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have changed my mind...

Teepee

Mama Doe
I have read many threads on this forum and have also searched the web prior to getting my buns...much thought later and I have concluded that outside buns aren't for me. This is no "diss" in the world to those of you who DO keep your buns outside, just not thinking it's right for me.;)

I have been pondering for a while and have concluded that, being as my kitchen/diner and ajoining hallway have laminate flooring (unlike the spare room that I had originally thought a good "run room" for them) with no accessible wires etc., it would be nice if I aimed for my buns to be "free run" house buns in that area (until they are litter trained at least).

I obviously have a long road ahead before my young buns-to-be are good "not going to wee all over my lounge carpet" buns, but I am thinking (being that I have the means to do it) I would rather them be house rabbits so that I can cast a beady eye over them at will...

I will go ahead with my outdoor cage extension when they are bigger as that will offer a good safe "play area" on dry days with a run attached, but I've changed my mind - they're not going to go live in it after all.

*Be prepared for possible additional threads on house rabbits in the future - not kept a rabbit indoors before and may call on your help if I run into problems*

All the best,
TP:)

Have fun! My best advice would be try not to get too attached to how your furniture looks at the mo.

I have crawled all about my kitchen (no, really!:oops:) and have concluded that my kitchen cupboards (having appliances at the ends) are pretty safe...I don't "hold my breath" with regards to the oak table I inherited from my grandmother though...may need put something around it's little bare legs!:lol:

TP;)

I am glad you have researched this and come up with your own answer. Good luck. will you be getting these buns soon?

Have fun! My best advice would be try not to get too attached to how your furniture looks at the mo.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: or the wallpaper or the carpet (where you have carpet) or the no hay look :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

but look forward to all the AWWWWW moments when they finally come out of hiding to groom :love: :love: :love:

I have been waiting some time but they will not be ready to leave Mum until the week before Easter (though I hasten to add, as I have in other threads, "Easter Bunny" never crossed my mind - cross my heart and hope to die!!:()...I am glad that I have had to wait though - it has given me time to properly think things through *which is just as well as I have changed my mind during that time about something quite major in their little lives*.

TP;)

Brilliant! I love having mine inside. Its great to see their little faces pop round the door to check what your doing...or more likely why you aren't supplying them with constant food :lol:

I will definately be having laminate in my new house and no wallpaper! THey love a nice nibble on wood chip!

I don't have wallpaper in my kitchen/hall - painted straight onto plaster (one less thing to worry about!)

TP;)

I don't have wallpaper in my kitchen/hall - painted straight onto plaster (one less thing to worry about!)

TP;)

That's what you would think, but mine chew the plaster on the corners of the walls... Not to scare you or anything!! :lol::lol:

*Eyes outside hutch in a new light*...Does that not make them ill???:shock::shock::shock:

TP:shock:

I freaked out the first time Piper did it, and called the vet. But she's done it a couple of times and has never gotten sick...
*knocks on wood*

I've covered all the corners now with plastic strips so she can't get to them!

I've never heard of other buns doing it, and my Alfred doesn't, only Piper. So maybe she's just being an odd bun!

Good choice, I also love having mine inside. You're lucky to have a garden for them to run about on those occational dry days :D

My two doesn't do all that much harm to my furniture. They're in the kitchen, bathroom and hall way during the day, and are let into the livingroom when we're home. I also have their litter tray in the bottom of a book shelf so that the messy hay is limited :D

030120081932eTQ2e7GNs4uOIufakT.JPG

Glad you made your decision. I made that same decision when I lost my outside bunny. Took me ages to prepare but it was worth it. Hope it all goes well. :wave:

Yey :) Its awesome having buns indoors, they are such good company. :)

Ignore donnamt, her bunnies are are demons ;) :lol::lol:

although you will be surprised about the amount of things they get into that they shouldnt!

Yey :) Its awesome having buns indoors, they are such good company. :)

Ignore donnamt, her bunnies are are demons ;) :lol::lol:

although you will be surprised about the amount of things they get into that they shouldnt!

lololol yup ignore me, the bunnies do ;):lol::lol:

*Turns head sharply to right in a bid to ignore donnamt...peeps over shoulder IN CASE my buns turn out to be demonic too...returns head sharply to right in a renewed bid to stay "solid on decision"!*:lol:

Thanks for your input all...as said though, may very well come a crying for help if all goes "pear shaped" and I need additional ( FAAAR more experienced than I!) advice...Hey-ho! SUCH is the joy of finding RU though!!:D

TP:)

seriously tho, i wouldnt change it for a second.. i loooooovvvvveeeeee havin my little furries living in the house with me :) you will not regret it, unless you are very houseproud ;)

Not I...though I like my house clean would not class myself as "house proud"...have children and they have LONG shattered any dreams of a "show home". I am liking my "lived in" home..."lived in" by those I love!;)

TP:D

Back