• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi jab offer at Gamston

Really, ooh thats a good offer... the same vets that treated poor Myrtle too.

Yes...when I got Barney and Roxy done a couple of weeks ago they said they had already had three cases in this year! Sadly I didn't know that the very same day, Myrtle had been diagnosed as one of them :(

I asked them today how much Myxy vaccinations were and they said £14.65! :shock:

The lying blighters, lets get em!

Maybe they forgot the offer was on? You'd have thought there'd be a sign up about it if its to encourage people to do it.

Did you ask that grumpy lady? She's funny. Someone who couldn't really speak much english came in wanting to buy her dog...it took her a while to explain that her dog was not for sale :lol:

Maybe they forgot the offer was on? You'd have thought there'd be a sign up about it if its to encourage people to do it.

Did you ask that grumpy lady? She's funny. Someone who couldn't really speak much english came in wanting to buy her dog...it took her a while to explain that her dog was not for sale :lol:

I know who you mean - she's great :lol: but scary :shock:
I saw the note posted up today in the consultation room... it includes all vaccinations for all animals - except kennel cough... great offer. they also do a 'vaccination for life' thing - £80 or £90 for lifetime vacc...

I know who you mean - she's great :lol: but scary :shock:
I saw the note posted up today in the consultation room... it includes all vaccinations for all animals - except kennel cough... great offer. they also do a 'vaccination for life' thing - £80 or £90 for lifetime vacc...

THat vacc for life thing looks brilliant...I expect its not for bunnies though. I wonder how on earth it works

:shock:

Just realised as I'm typing this that it must mean you go back every year but have already paid for it...sorry, blonde moment!

THat vacc for life thing looks brilliant...I expect its not for bunnies though. I wonder how on earth it works

:shock:

Just realised as I'm typing this that it must mean you go back every year but have already paid for it...sorry, blonde moment!

You made me laugh so much!!!
How does it work if you're registered with another vet and want to get vacinations elsewhere?? Anyone done that before?

I've never done it myself. Could you call Gamston and see if its possible. Presuming thats what you mean. I guess they'd want to know the history etc.

:lol::lol::lol:

No I asked the young lady with the red hair. She said it was £14.65 each so i asked if there was a discount for 4 and she went round the back to ask someone else and said i'd get 10% off. I wonder why they didn't say it was £10?!

I don't know what to do though as Hobbes doesn't finish his antibiotics until the end of March. I wouldn't have thought he would be able to have a myxy vaccination while he's on antibiotics :? I'll ask my own vets later!

How does it work if you're registered with another vet and want to get vacinations elsewhere?? Anyone done that before?

That's what i'm planning on doing. I think I might register at Gamston for vaccinations and just use my local vets if they are ill.

I've found that pricing varies at Gamston, depending on who you speak to :?

I'm not complaining though...they did me 5 myxi vaccs and a consult with antibiotic eye drops for £56...I was well chuffed :D

Amy

That's what i'm planning on doing. I think I might register at Gamston for vaccinations and just use my local vets if they are ill.

You still using cockburns Estelle? i use them for everything except vaccinations there just too expensive!At the min there is a vet who swims her dog at the pool i work at who has vaccinated my rabbits,but usually i use the pet vaccination clinic in nuneaton

You still using cockburns Estelle? i use them for everything except vaccinations there just too expensive!At the min there is a vet who swims her dog at the pool i work at who has vaccinated my rabbits,but usually i use the pet vaccination clinic in nuneaton

yes, they had their vaccinations there last year. I've only ever had mine vaccinated for myxy yearly but i might start doing it 6 monthly from now on. I don't want to risk loosing any of my buns :(

Hobbes is being treated at Cockburns for his abscess at the moment.

yes, they had their vaccinations there last year. I've only ever had mine vaccinated for myxy yearly but i might start doing it 6 monthly from now on. I don't want to risk loosing any of my buns :(

Hobbes is being treated at Cockburns for his abscess at the moment.

Mine have always been vaccinated every 6 months hence why i cant afford cockburns!
Which vet is treating Hobbes? the vet who delt with Alfie was Lisa i wont see anyone else now,Hows he getting on?

I've found that pricing varies at Gamston, depending on who you speak to :?

I'm not complaining though...they did me 5 myxi vaccs and a consult with antibiotic eye drops for £56...I was well chuffed :D

Amy

I've found that too...but again not complaining! I think they regularly discount if you have more than one bun.

Ive just phoned my vets and she said that the 2 jabs for Grace would be £30 :( -- thats at Forset Vets near the Arboretum.

I just checked Graces records and she is due her Myxi but her VHD can apparently wait till June. My concern is this; last time Grace had her Myxi she reacted to it by chewing a hole in herself where they did the vaccination...it was horrible. Louis had his a months or so ago and he did a similar thing but not quite as badly - he still has lumpy skin from where he was jabbed. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening again because I seem to have a bunny who is prone to self mutilation and reacts badly to itching -- she had a hole in her ear from a fight with Louis when they were bonding and because the scab itched she scratched all the fur from her ear off trying to get to it and it still hasnt grown back

Last edited:
Mine have always been vaccinated every 6 months hence why i cant afford cockburns!
Which vet is treating Hobbes? the vet who delt with Alfie was Lisa i wont see anyone else now,Hows he getting on?

Cockburns have never recommended 6 month myxy vaccs which is why i've been doing it yearly.
Hobbes has seen 3 different vets. The first one was the grey haired man, can't remember who i saw the second time and last time it was a young thin dark haired woman (I'm rubbish at remembering any of their names!)

He's doing fine. The vet said his abscess had gone apart from a pea sized lump which could just be scar tissue. He's having depocillin injections for the rest of this month then goes for another check up.

Back