• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

longest tunnel

touie

Wise Old Thumper
whats the longest tunnel your rabbits have dug?

Last year I had to fill in a hole dug by Twinkle it was just outside her run and heading underneath it. I thought I'd done a good job filling it in and blocking it off, I knew it was deep because i could stick my hole arm in it without touching the end!

But...

A small hole has appeared in the middle of the garden this week about 6' from the bit i filled in. I think it must be the other end of the tunnel :shock:

Mine once dug a hole/ tunnel it was about 2ft down and about six feet along (must have been working on it a while) it went as far as the shed (thankfully on concrete) and then stopped, or so we thought.

After filling in the hole our builder was doing some work in the garden and found the tunnel went right along the shed for about another three foot. The two main Diggers are no longer with me but that was the best effort to date.

I didn't ever find where all the soil from the hole went?:oops:

none they are not naughty buns:lol:

my old thumper dug a huge one once in less then 10mins in my nans garden when i was on hold right under the rabbit hutch till she hit the wall and could go no further:lol:

I've not had a bunny that's dug in years! When I did I don't think they got futher than a couple of inches!

Although I challenge any bunny to dig very far in our garden it's so full of stones - struggle to dig a hole big enough for a plant! (Having said that I know there were rabbit warrens in the woods next to the house before it got houses built of in :( - so rabbits must be good diggers)

Hannah

When I first got mine they did 2-3 ft in one day whilst I was out at work. The neighbours were all watching with interest at the "great escape" :shock:

i got them spayed soon afterwards and now they don't dig at all. :D

I have a digger..... seems it's his new hobby :) I fill it in as soon as his head & shoulders disappear (on average 3 times a day)... heavens knows where he'd end up if I didn't :D
This is Tigger's 2nd attempt yesterday......

Straight-down-to-Aussie-lan.jpg
[/IMG]

Back