• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big should a giant rabbit be at 8mths? pic of her too!

toffee

Mama Doe
I'm not sure if Melanie is a Conti or a British Giant (here's a photo of her at 6 mths- her ears aren't lopped, she's just put them back for the photo):

Melanie311207.jpg

She's 9 mths now and weighs 4.1kg but she has had a skin parasite of some description and lost weight/not gained weight as a result. How much should she weigh?

i have a giant conti who is 10 months and she weighs 6kg. I'm not great on breed types though, i'm sure someone will come along with better help:D

Gosh!!

I guess Mel's going to be small then. I think she's probably not put on weight because she's been poorly. We've been feeding her a bit extra for the past 2 weeks to try and bulk her up a bit on the vets advice and she put on 200g last week!

You can't tell whether it's a conti or british by the weight. Conti's have an arched back like Ravens shows and are show sat up like the first picture shows.

British have a much flatter back and shorter ears but difficult for you to judge if you don't have one of each to compare.

x

Having looked at pics online, I'm inclined to say she's a british giant or british giant cross.

She came from a garden centre :oops: so I don't expect her to be a true british giant!

Back