• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Melanie may finally be getting better

toffee

Mama Doe
For those who don't know, Melanie (my baby giant) has had big problems with hair loss over the past few months. She's had ivermectin about 7 times and it didn't work. She's got big bald patches everywhere.

I took her to the vet again 2 weeks ago and the vet gave me Seleen which is a shampoo for dogs (not licensed in rabbits). Melanie's had 2 baths in it and she seems better. She has little hairs growing in the middle of her bald patches and she's started flopping out on her side (she never did this before) so I guess she's more comfy now.

She chewed a big lump out of her ear :(, I guess because it was itchy. It looks like a dog chew toy :(.

She lost weight as well, which is worrying especially as she's a baby. When we went back to the vet on Saturday she'd put on 200g. Hurrah!!

Hopefully this will be the end of it now. The vet has said she's ok to be spayed in 2 weeks as well.

I hope this is it because it's so frustrating, for me and for Melly.

Back