• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home check query......

Lynzxx

New Kit
Hi everyone,

I’m having a home check from the RSPCA before I can home 2 rabbits, but I just wondered if not having a run for the rabbits will be a problem? :?

Their home is a playhouse approx 4 x 4.5ft and they will have supervised access to the garden each day. I intend to build a run as it will give them more space but I won’t be able to build it until the weekend after next & I’d really like to get the bunnies home sooner than that.

I originally had the check arranged for today but then the lady said I should wait until I have the run finished so now I’m not sure if to call her and tell her we won’t have a run for a couple of weeks, so she can come round sooner than next week, but will this go against me?

Sorry if I’m worrying too much, I’d just like to get my bunnies home!! :)

Thanks
Lynz xx

Could you call her and explain what you've just said? Perhaps they could do a follow up check in a few weeks when the buns are settled and you have the run up.

I think you should give them a ring and explain - unless you can dash out and buy a 3x6 run and fix it to the playhouse today? You could always improve on it later once you have your bunnies :)

Hi everyone,

I’m having a home check from the RSPCA before I can home 2 rabbits, but I just wondered if not having a run for the rabbits will be a problem? :?

Their home is a playhouse approx 4 x 4.5ft and they will have supervised access to the garden each day. I intend to build a run as it will give them more space but I won’t be able to build it until the weekend after next & I’d really like to get the bunnies home sooner than that.

I originally had the check arranged for today but then the lady said I should wait until I have the run finished so now I’m not sure if to call her and tell her we won’t have a run for a couple of weeks, so she can come round sooner than next week, but will this go against me?

Sorry if I’m worrying too much, I’d just like to get my bunnies home!! :)

Thanks
Lynz xx

My buns have a playhouse with attached run as they would need outside run for exercise

I got my two from the RSPCA and their minimum requirement was 50 square foot for two outdoor bunnies. I was told they can only rehome to what they see on the day and not to promises (as they've been let down before) but every branch is different.

I'd be tempted to call the lady and rearrange for later. Then you can everything perfect. It depends how far away the RSPCA lady is visiting from but she may resent having to come out twice to check? Unless she'd be happy to approve without the run, subject to you sending photos of the run by a certain date?

I know how you feel though, it's torture waiting for bunnies once you know you can have them!

hi,
can you borrow a run from a friend?
is the garden secure? can they escape under the shed? etc
if the garden is secure (and dont forget to get rid of any potential deadly plants etc) and is easy for you to keep an eye on them ,it should be fine
you ll be a great bun parent!
jess mum

Thanks for your help, I've decide to rope my OH into making me a run while I'm out :D

I've got the RSPCA lady coming on Monday evening so hopefully everything will be sorted by then.

Hope so cos I really want to get the bunnies home :bunny:

Thanks again, I'll post piccies on here when I have them!!

Lynz xx

Last edited:
Thanks Helen.....you're bunnies look gorgeous!!

I live in North Hykeham....you don't do you? Just wondered as I saw a car parked up which has stickers on it for language tuition....how weird would that be if it was you!! :shock:

hi,
can you borrow a run from a friend?
is the garden secure? can they escape under the shed? etc
if the garden is secure (and dont forget to get rid of any potential deadly plants etc) and is easy for you to keep an eye on them ,it should be fine
you ll be a great bun parent!
jess mum

I would never consider a garden to be secure from preditors, foxes will climb many fences even 7 foot ones. Many rescues including ARC get frequent phone calls from people who report that they have lost a rabbit who was having a run about in a secure garden.

The garden is secure for supervised playtime but I wouldn't want to leave them out on their own as we live not far from some fields and who knows what might be lurking :? It's quite scary really to think what could happen!

Thanks for your advice :)

Thanks Helen.....you're bunnies look gorgeous!!

I live in North Hykeham....you don't do you? Just wondered as I saw a car parked up which has stickers on it for language tuition....how weird would that be if it was you!! :shock:
Was it on Moor Lane? That's my car! I have a student down there. How spooky!
Well, good to now the advertising's working!

Yes it was on Moor Lane!! What a coincidence!!! I was sat in the long queue of traffic when I saw your car and I remember thinking that I've never seen a car advertising a mobile language tutor before :lol: Funny how things stick in your mind!

What a small world.........

Back