• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbits getting scared of me

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
Hi

Due to a death due to EC, I have having to treat all my 4 with Panacur. All four don't like being picked up so after 2 days of chasing them round the run, me holding & hubby trying to get it in their mouths we decided for their stress and ours it would be better to put it on their feet - they then lick it off.

Its working but I still have to do another 2.5 weeks out of a 28 day course and am thinking that by the end of it they will hate me! Try to do it when they are eating so they don't notice but they always do and scamper off to get away from me, feel like an really bully. Tried putting it on treats but they won't take it unless its on their fur.

Any ideas so by day 28 I don't have four rabbits who won't come near me!!???? Will they eventually forget about it?

Thanks, any advise would be appreciated as I hate doing this but know I must continue for their health.
Thanks
Jennie

I hate to say this but they need a 6 week course for e-c :shock: Is it a paste or liquid? I know they shouldn't have bread, but will they eat it on a tiny cube of bread maybe? Or could you mix it with some pure fruit baby food for them to lick up? I would be hopeless handling my lot for this, so I think you deserve a medal :)

Thanks, but tried bread, tried mixing it in, no one wants it. Will have to carry on and hope they don't all hate me at the end.

Two different vets confirmed 28 days was the duration of the course so hope they are correct.

Hi, my daughter had to give it to her rabbit and she gave him a coriander sandwich. He loves the strong smell of the herb and it disguised the panacur well. Good luck. Pam

Mine Get A Spring Green Panacur Sandwich Which They Love.

Same with Bunnie although strangely unlike her she will lick it straight off end of tube:? (We can't pick Bunnie up either, unless at vet where she jumps into our arms):)

Last edited:
I did it in hollowed out carrot or in greens. I know carrot should be restricted, but they needed their medicine.

Eve started to know what was going on, but the pull of the food was too great!

Thanks all, got one eating it off kale now, the rest are still being difficult but at least I am getting it on their paws. Only 9 days to go and counting .......

Back