• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did Bonnie understand what I said?

Claire&Phil

Warren Scout
As mentioned in a previous thread, we are in the process of bonding Bonnie (French Lop) with Henry (Dwarf Lop x with a giant). When I went to check up on them I spent a long time laying on the floor hugging, stroking and placing my forehead on Bonne’s head. I gently spoke to Bonnie about the need to be nice to Henry and that they should be friends. I told Bonnie that she should try and make friends with Henry as he was nervous and as soon as I said that she got up and slowly walked over to him (he was not directly in her sight but she found him straight away) and touched his noise with hers but unfortunately Henry got nervous and ran away. I have to admit this left me stunned, what an experience:shock:

Anyone else had similar experiences.

Last edited:
I think they understand us on some level, I talk to mine all the time.:lol:

Holmes always used to be really attentive when I was down after my mum died, I think he knew how I was feeling (he was a stand offish kind of bun so it was quite unusual for him)

Bonnie is the same, until recently she wanted to little to do with me but lately she has become a lot more friendly.

Sorry nothing to do with bonding.... but just wondered how Henry was settling in?

He seems to be doing well although the bonding process is taken a long time as he is so afraid of Bonnie. I don't understand why as they don't fight. We havethen living indoors at present as we want to get a new hutch for him and Bonnie.

I have a feeling he is going to be a big boy. He looks so strange as he is crossed with a min lop and a giant so his body is out of portion with his back legs whiah are huge :D

How's your doing?

Both doing well. Roo (black) is the excitable one, adventurous, very brave & into everything, loves a cuddle.
Tigger is very nosey, attention seeking, affectionate & loves playing with toys.... & digging!
I don't think my 2 will be big, although now at 17 weeks, they are about the same size now as my dwarf lop was. Hard to tell, as they don't seem out of proportion, although Tigger has a large tail :D

Both doing well. Roo (black) is the excitable one, adventurous, very brave & into everything, loves a cuddle.
Tigger is very nosey, attention seeking, affectionate & loves playing with toys.... & digging!
I don't think my 2 will be big, although now at 17 weeks, they are about the same size now as my dwarf lop was. Hard to tell, as they don't seem out of proportion, although Tigger has a large tail :D

Henry's back legs look so big compared to the rest of his body. I will try to get you a pic once the bonding has been done.

Will look forward to seeing his pic. Hopefully he will overcome his shyness & the bonding will go well. Good luck.

Awwww!! I have a story but I am certain it was just a coincidence :lol:

This was when we just had the one bunny, and I was sat on the kitchen floor with my cat Smirnoff rubbing her tummy and my mum and her friend were at the kitchen table and my mums friend said something about fattening Buu up for the bbq :roll:

I said hey thats Smirnoffs little sister your talking about your going to upset her, then Smirnoff got up went out the back door up to Buu's hutch and started meowing at her :lol: I was like look she is telling Buu what you said!!

My mums friend was like :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: Even my mum was like oh my gosh! Smirnoff does always go and meow at Buu in the morning when her cat flap is open though so it wasnt unusual that she did it, just the timing :lol:

She is always quite cuddly when im ill or upset too, but isnt usually a cuddly girl so she does understand certain things I think :D Not had anything like this with the buns really though x

Back