• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking to buy a new hutch soon

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
Hi just wanted to know if anyone can point me in the right direction for a new large hutch for 2 medium buns, Im moving to Scotland at the begining of April and once im settled i want my bonded pair to have a bigger hutch, they are currently in a Lavender Lodge which is fine but I want them to have a bit more room, I also need to upgrade one of my other buns in to the Lavender Lodge that Petey and Jess currently live in. Anyway any suggestions for a nice hutch, bigger than Lavender Lodge, easy to clean but I dont want a double hutch or one with a run underneath as Jessie is half blind and cant deal with ramps so it has to be on the one level.

Any suggestions gratfully received.:wave:

I'd recommend happyhutch although they are self-assembly, but good value - rydale are lovely, fully built but as a result hard to get into your garden and very expensive. happyhutch do one on ebay if you search under 'massive hutch' or see http://www.happyhutch.com/

Just to add that Rydale will make the hutch to your specifications (to allow for narrow gateways, etc), but they are extremely heavy.

Ok thanks ive looked at both websites for Ryedale and Happy hutch and they both look good, also keeping in mind thehutches that Hunny bunny (fife rabbit Rescue) sells on her website, hutches to order. Ive still got 4 weeks till I move then It will be about 6 weeks after that when ill be thinking about buying the hutch. so ill keep my options open and keep my eyes peeled.

Just to add that Rydale will make the hutch to your specifications (to allow for narrow gateways, etc), but they are extremely heavy.

I have two quadruple tier hutches on order from ryedale. they are to go in my shed and need to be made specially due to the height restriction and ALL the other requests I have made :oops: They will hopefully be with me either next weekend or the easter weekend.

I have two quadruple tier hutches on order from ryedale. they are to go in my shed and need to be made specially due to the height restriction and ALL the other requests I have made :oops: They will hopefully be with me either next weekend or the easter weekend.

Janice...just a warning...make sure your shed floor is VERY strong because Rydale hutches are HEAVY.

I have the 6 foot double in log lap, and myself and O/H can't lift it...I honestly think it would go through the floor of a standard wooden shed :shock:

Janice...just a warning...make sure your shed floor is VERY strong because Rydale hutches are HEAVY.

I have the 6 foot double in log lap, and myself and O/H can't lift it...I honestly think it would go through the floor of a standard wooden shed :shock:

I have the same one 2ft deep and high and agree totally :shock:

Thanks for the warning, the shed is a very solid one, it came from a very reputable shed company in Surrey who gave us 50% discount off it, normally they are sold in excess of £800 each. It is very solid, so I would be very surprised if it goes through the floor. I am quite looking forward to its arrival as the shed is going to be emptied out and totally relaid out. All the indoor cages will be sold off ......

I recommend a ryedale hutch I love mine :D I am also happy with my happyhutch though :D Just think my ryedale one is better :lol:

Back