• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it normal for a neutered bun to be humping his missus?

nina83

Warren Scout
Just wondering as our male bun who was neutered 12 months ago has started trying to hump Miffy everywhere she goes and she looks completely fed up, not sure if theres anything i can do to stop it, any1 any suggestions?

It's a way of asserting dominance over another bun. ^^

Barney would hump Amber, if she'd let him and stop practically thumping his nose as she smacks the ground each time he 'innocently' creeps up behind her..

you see i initially thought it was a dominance thing but it's only just started i was wondering if maybe he had spring fever like maybe they just got randy at this time of year???

Its spring fever Im afraid.

Rabbits react to the lenghtening of days as a sign that the mating season is imminent (in unnneutered bucks their testicals redescend) so some behaviour is so far ingrained even the removal of hormones cannot totally alter it.

It should slow down over the next few weeks but it is totally normal.

Thanks Sooz, poor Miffy she didnt tolerate his behaviour much before he was neutered when he tried to hump her now she's older and crankier i can just see she's gonna nip him if he's not careful and it's ashame coz she just wants cuddles from him.....typical randy male lol

Back